Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Mucus/Foul Odor in Diapers

Default Re: Mucus/Foul Odor in Diapers

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*lllmeg View Post
    Gamom, I don't know anything about children outgrowing dairy allergies, but I do know many familes who have to live with diet restrictions. It's rather comical when we all get together and we have the gluten free and the soy free and the dairy free all trying to figure out a child friendly menu. I serve lots of carrots.
    You miss dairy because you have enjoyed dairy all your life. If your child never has dairy, she is unlikely to miss it-especially if it makes her ill!
    Food allergies and sensitivities mean some extra work for mom, but over time protecting your child's diet will become second nature. So no matter what, It will be OK!
    Thank you for the encouragement. When you put it like that, it really puts things in perspective...and made me feel a lot better!!!!

Default Re: Mucus/Foul Odor in Diapers

Latest on DD2. So I took DD2 back to her pediatrician as the gross diapers made a big change again. Because I had seen three different doctors at the practice, apparently her regular pediatrician did not realize this was an ongoing issue. Apparently, he thought I just ran into the office for every weird little diaper. Once he understood this was a normal occurrence for her, he immediately wanted to send her diaper out for tests. Thankfully, nothing wrong! However, he still disagrees with me that she has a dairy allergy. Rather now, he wants me to put her on rice cereal, yogurt and probiotics. He thinks her system is just out of whack basically.

OK, so I am NOT going to put her on yogurt...still concerned about the dairy issue personally. However, I am more than for putting her on probiotics. Can anyone suggest one that is NOT dairy based? I will post this question on the sensitivities forum too. Just trying to get as many responses as possible.
    Last edited by @llli*gamom; December 13th, 2011 at 11:03 AM.