Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: lopsided boobies

Red face lopsided boobies

I noticed after a day of cluster feeding that my left breast is now significantly smaller than my right one. I know this can be normal but does it mean that it is producing less milk? Do I need to nurse more on that side? Has anyone that's had this problem had theirs go back to being even? hopefully this won't last forever, I want to look normal heehee
    Mommy to
    Eden Jolie
    August 27, 2008
    and
    Desmond William
    November 28, 2011

Default Re: lopsided boobies

Yes. Block nurse on the smaller side until until they even out. So nurse twice on the smaller side for every one side on the bigger side. You should be able to get them to even out in a couple of days. HTH!

Way too lazy for formula

Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

And sometimes, nothing works I'm in that position, and I figure if someone is staring hard enough to figure out I have two different sized breasts, they have more issues than I need to know about
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!