Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Still nursing at 30 months

Default Still nursing at 30 months

Yes I still enjoy it sometimes... but I am getting sick of it... It's almost if she will never cut back or stop. She finally sleeps through the night sometimes. Or gets up at like 1 am or 3 am.... Hopefully she will wean sometime w/in the next 6 months or so....
    Amy~
    first time mommy, 2-15-09 to my lil bambina from then til ?, done with pumping!!

Default Re: Still nursing at 30 months

Aw, congrats on going so long. There's nothing wrong with setting limits. You shouldn't feel bad about that at all. Weaning works best when it's gradual.
    If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. - Katharine Hepburn

Thanks, I am begining to need some encouragement again.. I haven't been in here in a while, and I am starting to feel alone and like my dd is a forever nurser! I dunno just need to get it off my chest
    Amy~
    first time mommy, 2-15-09 to my lil bambina from then til ?, done with pumping!!

I worry my son will be a forever nurser too : )
    Kristin

Momma to Benjamin, we recently made it nursing to age 2!!!!

Benjamin born 9-17-09

I am nursing my 27 month old and love it but it can be difficult! He is up a few times at night still but the hardest part for me is that everytime I start to do laundry, cook dinner etc. He starts to cry and says "I need milky first" I am learning to set some limits. Setting limits when we are out in public was much easier than doing it at home for me. If I'm sitting, it seems he is on my lap pulling my shirt to help himself. Good luck, I just keep thinking how much I will miss this when he does wean. I try to not rush things.

my name is Sarah mother to
    Alana 12/31/98
    Conner 5/30/09

Breastfeeding 3 years and counting!

Potty trained at 2 but kind of miss those cute CD's!

"Of all the rights of women, the greastest is to be a mother." Lin Yutang

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*wreckgoddess View Post
    I worry my son will be a forever nurser too : )
    Me too.
    I am Lea (middle name)
    Mama to Dominic born on 3/23/09
    Wife to G 4/27/07
    We're blessed to have been for 3 years and counting! Proud to with our squirmy worm

"My home is not a place, it is people."
    -Lois McMaster Bujold

I nursed my DD for 28 months. It had its ups and downs But I did wean her from night feedings when she was just over two (that's when she moved to her own room/bed). Without the night feedings, morning and evening nursings were much more enjoyable

I love it I do, I agree... its when I am trying to do things like laundry, clean the bathroom, cook, and he wants to nurse that it annoys me... otherwise I LOVE it. Esp when he has JUST NURSED!!

I just keep reminding myself there is no documented cases of grown men nursing off their mom... (Ew?)
    Kristin

Momma to Benjamin, we recently made it nursing to age 2!!!!

Benjamin born 9-17-09

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*wreckgoddess View Post
    I love it I do, I agree... its when I am trying to do things like laundry, clean the bathroom, cook, and he wants to nurse that it annoys me... otherwise I LOVE it. Esp when he has JUST NURSED!!

I just keep reminding myself there is no documented cases of grown men nursing off their mom... (Ew?)
    True. It's hard to believe that it really won't last forever.
    I am Lea (middle name)
    Mama to Dominic born on 3/23/09
    Wife to G 4/27/07
    We're blessed to have been for 3 years and counting! Proud to with our squirmy worm

"My home is not a place, it is people."
    -Lois McMaster Bujold

Would it help to know someone actually wants to be in your shoes?

I'm nursing my 22MO. I so much want to give her breast milk for as long as possible because it's such wonderful stuff, but because of her personality (so easily distracted, so much more into playing and exploring the world than getting in calories) I am always worried she'd wean too soon... I guess I'm the only one - I've never ever heard of anyone feeling that way.

First time, SAH mom to my precious daughter born October 2009
    Nursing 27 months and counting... I still love nursing so much and am SAD thinking the end can come anytime now...