Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Period Question-Need Help

Default Period Question-Need Help

Hi,
    First of all I am nursing my 2 year old and I am concerned because the last 4 months I have had very light spotting 3-5 days and then a heavy period for 3-5 days. Has this happened to anyone else? I am afraid that there is something wrong.

Thanks

Michele

Default Re: Period Question-Need Help

I am nursing my 2 year old and find my period takes a few days to 'get started'. I have spotting for 2-3 days and then a more normal period for the next 2-3 days. Sounds like a similar pattern. What were you having before the 4 months? Have nursing patterns changed?

Hi,
    Thanks for the reply. I am not sure how it was before because I really didnt pay attention to it-I know I have always started off very light for a day or two but this is dark brown (sorry if too much info) and lasting up to 5 days and then it seems to start a regular period lasting another 4-5 days.- So I have noticed that this in not the normal for me. I think I may have been nursing a bit less at night because my son has been waking up less during the night-but I am not too sure. I am hoping it has something to do with the nursing rather than something wrong with me.

The pattern you describe has been mine exactly for over a year now. I have on and off light spotting for 3-6 days and then finally a more normal period for another 4-5 days. My son is 2 1/2. This was never the norm before it started, but it has continued since then. I think it probably does have to do with nursing.

Smile Re: Period Question-Need Help

Mine have been close to what is being described since I started again PP after my DD was born. She is 11 months. She nurses alot (haven't counted)and gets up twice during the night too. So it sounds normal to me.