Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: leaky bags

Default leaky bags

on mondays i feed my lo milk out of my freezer stash and three times there have been leaks in my lansinoh bags. this upsets me b/c they are so expensive and as we all know, our milk is priceless. my nanny told me today that one of the medela bags leaked as well... what bags to you ladies prefer? btw, he is now drinking milk stored from may so it's not like the bags are that old...
    mom to ds daniel 12/16/09 and ben 2/27/11

Default Re: leaky bags

I've used every brand out there, and they all leak if you drop them. I've never had a Lansinoh bag leak unless I did that.

I thaw in the fridge in a cup or turn the bag upside down so if there is a leak, it doesn't get lost. Cup does not have to be any more sterile than your bottle (and I don't sterilize).
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Default Re: leaky bags

When I was pumping I had some troubles with the Lansinoh bags. If you hold the bag so you are looking at the back, ther were small holes just under the right side of the zipper closure. There were a couple of different boxes that were like that. I called Lansinoh and they sent me a couple of boxes of bags along with an envelope so I could send a couple of defective ones to them.
    Robin