Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: A question for the moms

Default A question for the moms

My husband and i finally got a little time together, and he mentioned to me that since i have had our daughter i have a stronger flavor. He said its not bad but it is definitely stronger. Since all my other babies were bottle fed we didn't know if it is hormones that haven't changed since i'm breastfeeding this time. Has anyone else had this problem or should i call the doctor.

Default Re: A question for the moms

As long as it's just taste and not smell, I'd consider it normal.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

I just didnt know if it was normal or if i should get checked. I have already had my check up and she said everything was fine. And he says its only taste and not smell. I don't notice a difference but then again I probably wouldn't. I was just wondering if other women have had the same problem. I know both me and my husband are very open to one another about stuff.

My DH never mentioned anything to me. I know that it can change with my cycle though so I wouldn't be at all surprised if hormones did play a role. I wouldn't worry about it.

Amy married to my bestfriend since 10/30/04

Proud SAHM to DS born 2/17/07 and DD born 9/11/08 Both weaned together 11/2011
    Currently milk, peach, peanut and tree nut free. DD has outgrown her wheat, cheese, egg, garlic, and citrus allergies

we just wanted to make sure. I was a little concerned about it. We are just very open with one another. So when he mentioned it i just didn't know if any other women might have had the same problem or issues. Or i get to be the lucky one.

One thing that strikes me is that women who are nursing often experience increased vaginal dryness, particularly in the early weeks/months. Lower lubrication may result in a different "flavor", IYKWIM. Again, as long as it's not a weird smell I would just call it normal.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"