Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: lazy eater

Default lazy eater

My four week old falls asleep while nursing especially at night. So he is up every hour. He eats just enough to fall asleep, but not to be full and go for more than an hour. Any help would be great. Totally exhausted. Thank you

Default Re: lazy eater

Up every hour sounds pretty normal for a four week old. Have you tried nursing in a side laying posistion so you can rest while he eats? You could try tickling his chin as he eats to get him to eat more but at the same time you don't want him to eat too much and have an upset tummy. As he gets older he will sleep longer. He just has a really tiny stomache right now and probably needs the reassurance at night time. The world is a scary place to new babies!
    July 30, 2010-6lbs 2oz- 41w 4d (emergency c-section.) Known dairy, eggs, dogs and cats allergies, eczema, and asthma
    Bonus June 22, 2006 (is 50/50 Custody ) (born 32w) Sensitive to changing temps.
    We BF, BW, Co-sleep and use cloth diapers/pull-ups!

with the PP. Co-sleeping saved my life that age!
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

my daughter is 2 weeks, we are up sometimes every 25 minutes, she falls asleep after about 10 minutes of feeds, glad to hear I'm not the only one! best of luck!