Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: how fast? and pcos ?

Default how fast? and pcos ?

my question is how fast does mothers milk tea work? i ran to the store last night and got some and drank one cup last night and 3 today and i think i can tell a difference already. i feel full and i have not felt full or empty in a long time. i have an appointment with the lc on monday but i am wondering if the tea works this quick or if my hormones are maybe balancing out after my really long af visit. . also does anyone have any suggestions on how to calm pcos symptoms without taking the combination pill? i am getting all the dreaded unwanted hair and i can tell my belly is getting the bloat i always have when i am having some cyst issues. my doc always says to loose weight but not sure thats a great idea if i am having supply issues

Killian Patrick Oct 27 2006
    Brigid Noel April 13 2008 (formula fed and it was the worst experience ever!!!!!)
    Declan Charles March 28 2011

Default Re: how fast? and pcos ?

MM tea and all other supplements work at different speeds and to differing extents for different individuals.

No idea what to do about PCOS when nursing, other than perhaps laser treatment for the hair issue? Weight loss and breastfeeding can be safely combined for most women, though. The body generally protects the baby's milk supply at the expense of the mom's fat stores. It's why women gain weight during pregnancy- to support their babies through any potential lean times.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

i have been walking and working out four times a week for about 2mths and i stopped when af came to visit almost a week ago. i was nervous to try and loose weight while i could tell my supply was drastically dipping but i figured the dip would only last a couple days but it seems to want to last longer. i honestly wasnt paying enough attention to my supply and i just assumed it would come back so now i feel pretty bad that little man was hungry this week. but i do think the tea is already working for me so i might just have to pay more attention and drink the tea around the time of af. i definitely have the itch to work out so maybe i will start it back up 2maro and see what my supply does. i will just count his wets and see how it goes. my doc really believes the only way to control pcos is to be a healthy weight and he told me i need to loose about 50lbs. i dont restrict food though i just eat when im hungry but avoid processed foods. anybody with pcos does this sound right?

Killian Patrick Oct 27 2006
    Brigid Noel April 13 2008 (formula fed and it was the worst experience ever!!!!!)
    Declan Charles March 28 2011

i agree with mommal -- you can very safely lose weight while nursing without affecting your supply. The dip in supply you experienced is completely normal during your cycle - usually gets lower the week before your period starts and goes back up a few days into your cycle. I have heard that maintaining a healthy weight is the best way to control pcos -- and in order to lose weight you need to be burning more calories than you're consuming -- it might be helpful to look into a program that helps you keep track of what you're eating, like weight watchers. if you record what you're eating, a lot of times you'll be surprised by how many calories your'e eating in a day. I know i am!!
    Julia and Maxwell (and Dan and Haddie)
    Maxwell, born January 3, 2010
    A year on Mama's milk and still loving it