Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: ugh, feeling stressed out

a little village with some trees, people, and a canal in it, Derbyshire, England

Default ugh, feeling stressed out

Thank God for LLL forum.

Reading your posts alone makes me feel I am not alone.

Feeling really stressed out at the moment. DS never sttn, been really really tired, had separation issues at nursery, some tantrums at home, feeding round the clock, working, trying to do all 'my stuff' in 2 hours in the evening, no money, little to nil social life, some awful family issue....blimey, the list goes on...

generally feel like an insignificant dogsbody that nobody understands, because I seem to be the only one running around and I never manage to finish a full sentence before somebody interrupts me. And that's the grown ups. grrrrr.

Should I put my violin away now? Sorry to moan...
    Diane

Mummy to Edward 24 months and still nursing and with no2 !l

Close enough to town for convenience, but far enough out for peace.

Default Re: ugh, feeling stressed out

I am new to this, but I know how much the encouragement of others, even if through cyberspace, can give you the much needed reassurance that you are a great mommy. It really is tough being a parent, let alone a good one... For what it is worth, hang in there!

We all have those days, when we just want to fast-forward to a fresh start.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

you're definitely not alone. i could have written your post almost word for word, especially the part about trying to do all my stuff in 2 hours in the evening, and these days 2 new baby teeth are taking even that time away from me! hang in there and I will too!
    Christine
    Can't believe I've been and a full-time SAHM to Elena (5/2010) for over 2 yrs!
    Mami de mi preciosa Elenita
    http://forums.llli.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32384&dateline=131170  7429 OakRoseCharms Free Shipping for LLLadies just pm me! My Blog

your post made me feel good mama....my evening routine:
    pick up lo from daycare
    put him in carseat and nurse him by hanging over him so he falls alseep
    pull over at some point on the way home to nurse again if he wakes up (will scream in the car othewise)
    get home, empty car and put everything away
    dinner, dishes, bath
    lay down to try to put lo to sleep...lasts until about 10 pm
    get everything ready for tomorrow...stuff diapers, get bottles ready for daycare
    collapse
    wake up and start all over again

ps i left out all the family and work drama

...I feel the same way! (I've started to resent the "nuclear family" of our modern and civilized cultures and long for the tribal way of living, where there would be real support right next door). Good luck!!!
    Son #1 Born Winter 2004 (BF/FF out of ignornance, nursed for 3 years)
    Son #2 Born Fall 2009 (EBF thanks to LLL!!!)

Be the change you wish to see in the world!

Best book ever: Gabrielle Palmer's "The Politics of Breastfeeding, when breasts are bad for business"

a little village with some trees, people, and a canal in it, Derbyshire, England

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*oakdryad5 View Post
    you're definitely not alone. i could have written your post almost word for word, especially the part about trying to do all my stuff in 2 hours in the evening, and these days 2 new baby teeth are taking even that time away from me! hang in there and I will too!
    Thanks Christine - would be lovely to hang in there togethers

And thanks mamas for the hugs and reiteration that I'm not alone. Boy I really feel it today...i wish you were all round the corner from me.
    Diane

Mummy to Edward 24 months and still nursing and with no2 !l