Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: My stubborn baby!!!

Default My stubborn baby!!!

My dd will NOT stay in her car seat, she cries so i can pull over and BF her!! she will not take the bottle. while in the car she throws a tantrum..pacifiers dont work either..I know i should not give in but i feel bad that she's crying so I take her out of the car seat..this also happens in stores and restaurants, I have to BF her in the ladies room or go back to the car to BF her, I'm basically pumping milk for nothing because she will not drink the breast milk from a bottle

any ideas on bottles or pacifiers or how to ween her off of me without feeling bad????

Default Re: My stubborn baby!!!

how old is your little love?:

What if you BF right before you put her in the carseat? I'm sure she is not manipulating you...some babies just won't take a bottle...and a lot won't take one from mom. I have to distract my DS with toys/music while in the car. Sometimes he hates it so much though. Think about if you were strapped down in a carseat and didn't understand why! Feeding before definitely helps...a hungry baby strapped to a carseat is not good. Feel free to pull over and nurse...I've done this many times...you are not "giving in" - it's what your baby needs.

Do you not feel comfortable NIP (nursing in public)? You don't have to go to the bathroom or your car unless you want the privacy, or quiet (my DS is very distractible!). You can use a blanket or a sling to cover up if you want to. How old is your LO?
    Jenny
    Mama to Jacob , born 6/11/06
    And his NEW baby brother , born 8/14/08

, , , cloth diapering

I don't know how old your lo is but my DD also hates the car. She is getting better now that she really hold onto toys and such. I'll be completely honest and tell you that I bought a box set of Baby Einstein she watches on my DS's portable DVD player if we are going to be in the car for more than 20 minutes. It was either that or drive my car into a tree from all the screaming. I can't stand for my baby to cry. It really works. Sometimes so does singing and music. We tried dangling toys and things to kick/stare at. None of that worked. As far as restaraunts and stores go, I don't know what would help. Do you wear your lo or put her in a stroller/cart? A sling/carrier might help when shopping. At a rest. there is no reason why you can't nurse her at the table. If you are uncomfortable exposing yourself, you could wear a wrap or blanket. I do it all the time. Good luck. You'll find something that works.

my dd is 2 months old...I have a 12 year old and a 6 year old also(i didnt bf either of them)..so this is the first time BF so i am a little new at BF in public..I know that when my dd is hungry and I should just put a blankie over her and feed her, but some places find it offensive to nurse in public and I WILL get upset if someone asks me NOT TO BF in their store!!!

mother of Justin Eric, Jasmine Alyssa and baby Kaitlyn Alexis