I've had symptoms of oversupply since DS was about 4 weeks old. He is now 11 weeks old and I've been nurse blocking this whole time. Over the past 7 weeks, I began with smaller nursing blocks and gradually worked my way to 10 - 12 hour blocks and also used chilled raw cabbage leaves a little before seeing improvement.

However, he is still suffering from gas pains at night (no improvement with gas at all...it's awful watching him in discomfort/pain night after night for almost two months now!) and his poop seems to go back and forth between healthy curdy yellow poop and watery yellow poop (though it used to be watery green). I don't know if this is any indication of anything but I do still notice a little redness around his anus. Is that irritation from lactose overload?

Do you think these symptoms have anything to do with my oversupply and just require a little more fine tuning? How do I know when to stop treating my oversupply? Do I start reducing the duration of the nursing blocks gradually until I'm back to one breast per feeding? Perhaps these symptoms are from a food sensitivity and I shouldn't be treating oversupply anymore? I've started eliminating dairy from my diet to see if there would be any improvement after two weeks, but meantime I'd hate to over correct the oversupply and end up with an undersupply!

Thanks in advance for any input!