Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: How do I get a 10m baby back on breast?

Default How do I get a 10m baby back on breast?

I stopped breastfeeding at 7 1/2 months out of pure sleep deprived desperation and started the relactation process a week ago. Babe has completely forgotten what to do with the boobies! I have let my lil sweetie play with my naked breasts etc then when she seems interested in them gently putting nipple to her mouth but shes having none of it. Not screaming at me or anything just turning her head. She just looks at me like 'mummy what on earth are you doing?!' LOL. I am getting a few drops of milk at each pump im aiming for 15 mins every hour. Someone suggested a SNS but that will only work if the child puts her mouth to the breast and I dont want to force her obviously. I have kind of resigned myself to the fact that i will just pump permanently (sp?) and give her the ebm but thought there would be no harm in asking about how to latch. Thanks in advance
    I am mummy to Alyssia 22nd July '06 an Austin 4th November '08 (lived for 38 minutes) and my sunshine Savannah 27th September '10
    We and BLW
    DD1 BF for 6 weeks (dont wana talk about it)
    DD2 BF for 7 1/2 months, stopped due to pure sleep deprivation and desperation
    Started the relactation process on August 5th 2011 so I am probably ...we are getting there...slowly...
    ALL advice on relactation welcome x

Default Re: How do I get a 10m baby back on brea

This link covers all the ways I know of to get a weaned baby back to the breast: http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/...to-breast.html. Good luck! It can be done. My sister was unweaned after 3 months off.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Thanks that's very helpful! Will definately use some of the tips on there. My worry is that she's just too old now and not in newborn-need-to-suckle stage?iygwim She just wont put the nipple in her mouth and usually EVERYTHING she touches goes in her mouth lol. Leaves me feeling positive to read about your sister though )
    I am mummy to Alyssia 22nd July '06 an Austin 4th November '08 (lived for 38 minutes) and my sunshine Savannah 27th September '10
    We and BLW
    DD1 BF for 6 weeks (dont wana talk about it)
    DD2 BF for 7 1/2 months, stopped due to pure sleep deprivation and desperation
    Started the relactation process on August 5th 2011 so I am probably ...we are getting there...slowly...
    ALL advice on relactation welcome x

we are hear to help you and if you feel frustrated.