Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Nausea but NOT pregnant?

Default Nausea but NOT pregnant?

I am still breastfeeding my 14 month old about 4-6 times a day. I have had nausea throughout the day for several months now. It is very similar to morning sickness, however I am positive that I'm not pregnant.

Has anyone else experienced this? I am guessing it could be hormone related....Any clues as to what the cause may be or any tips that might help relieve it?

Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Nausea but NOT pregnant?

So you've had it every day for months? I've had occasional nausea that reminded me of morning sickness usually related to my monthly cycle, but not everyday. Have you got AF back yet and is it regular? Also, I think some women get nausea feelings during nursing ( I also occasionally feel this). To relieve it I usually eat something bland. I would worry if it was ongoing for months though, maybe check with a dr?
    Christine
    Can't believe I've been and a full-time SAHM to Elena (5/2010) for over 2 yrs!
    Mami de mi preciosa Elenita
    http://forums.llli.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32384&dateline=131170  7429 OakRoseCharms Free Shipping for LLLadies just pm me! My Blog

I had the same thing for two months, but I thought it was the change in my diet. I had recently started eating more whole foods. Could have been hormonal. What ever it was they couldn't figure it out with a whack load of tests.
    July 30, 2010-6lbs 2oz- 41w 4d (emergency c-section.) Known dairy, eggs, dogs and cats allergies, eczema, and asthma
    Bonus June 22, 2006 (is 50/50 Custody ) (born 32w) Sensitive to changing temps.
    We BF, BW, Co-sleep and use cloth diapers/pull-ups!

Yes unfortunately I got my AF back when he was 6 weeks old, even though he was EBF on demand. Some days the nausea is worse than others, so maybe I need to start keeping track of it. Ugh, being a female is tough sometimes!

yea maybe it is coinciding with certain times of your cycle? i just was recommended a book "taking charge of your fertility" and it really goes over what hormones are active during what time during your cycle, and also how to record changes during your cycle to keep track of it, maybe worth checking out.
    Christine
    Can't believe I've been and a full-time SAHM to Elena (5/2010) for over 2 yrs!
    Mami de mi preciosa Elenita
    http://forums.llli.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32384&dateline=131170  7429 OakRoseCharms Free Shipping for LLLadies just pm me! My Blog

It could be your gallbladder. A lot of women have theirs act up after a pregnancy. I did unfortunately and had to have mine removed. I did find some websites that tell you what foods to avoid.

www.gallbladderattack.com/gallbladderdiet.shtml

hope you start to feel better!

I get nausea fairly often sometimes due to low blood sugar, sometimes something I have eaten, I don't know about hormones although sometimes during my period my cramps make me pretty ill. Pregnancy definitely isn't the only thing that causes nausea.
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.

I was going to post something very similar to this my son is almost three and I just started my period in feb. I haven't kept very good track of it but is usually a week late and I am always wondering if I am preganant. We aren't TTC exactly but I'd be ok if I did get pregnant. Any way this week I have been eating constantly because If I don't I feel nautious then when I eat I feel better its similar to when I was pregnant with the twins. But then the other day I had really bad cramps so I don't know whats going on I wish I had a crystal ball. But it helps knowing I am not the only one who can't figure my body out.
    Did this for 9months with Kailey and Hailey
    who are now 8.

weaned Dane somewhere around 3.5 no longer he likes to sleep with his sisters He's now 5

Now I am , , My baby Cruz who is almost 6 months and my last baby