Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: decreased supply issues

Default decreased supply issues

Hello there!
    I am nursing my 15th month old son still 1-2 times per day. I really would love to continue nursing him, however, it seems I have no milk. Especially on my left side. It is like completely dried up. I nurse mainly on the right side now b/c I don't think he was getting anything and it kinda hurt.
    Anyway, any tips on getting my supply back up so I can continue nursing? I would love to make it to 2 years...but I am discouraged I won't be able to make it that long.
    DS is more than willing to keep nursing. He loves it.
    Thanks in advance for any help you may have.

Default Re: decreased supply issues

The best way to increase supply is to increase milk removal and stimulation to the breast. Generally the best way to do that is to nurse more. Would your toddler be into that, if you offered? If not, increasing supply might mean using a pump. However, at 15 months I don't know that you really need to worry so much about the quantity of milk you are providing. As long as your son continues to enjoy nursing, you can continue to nurse him. He might not get a huge amount of milk, but as long as he nurses with purpose he will get something out.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"