Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Washing pump conectors and bottles???

Default Re: Washing pump conectors and bottles??

I don't wash after every session. I wash everything once a day, bottles, connectors, everything. Bottle brush for the bottles. For the pump connectors, Dr. Brown's makes some very small brushes that fit into those holes and cleans them out. I also use a nipple brush for the teats my baby uses, and it cleans the connectors pretty well too.

Dishwasher just doesn't work for us. I think it's the hard water here.

I use blue Dawn. For that residue, a soaking in 50:50 water:vinegar cuts it away easily.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

I need to quit being so lazy, I guess.

No, not using bottle brush. I wipe out what I can reach w/ a paper towel, but can't get all the way into the larger collection bottles (not that I need them right now ). I should try vinegar.
    Little SW, Aug '09
    Miss MW, Jan '11
    Sir RW, Oct '12
    3 kids in 38 mos

I love the bottle brushes with the nipple brush in the bottom (which also fits in the connector part). This one because it has a good bottle brush (the foam ones fall apart quickly) and the nipple brush and it suctions to the sink so it dries well. I would not get a bottle properly clean without one of these.
    proud but exhausted working mammy to two high needs babies

• my surprise baby: the one and only D-Man born 3 weeks late (5/5/08) at 9 lbs 14 oz and 21.5 inches, and
    • the shock H-Girl born about a week late (10/7/09) at 8lbs 15oz and 20.75 inches.

If I am here I am covered in baby (probably two) and fighting for control of the keyboard.

Family beds are awesome

Wondering if you have PPD? Take the screening and see your doctor. You deserve to feel better.

Thank you ladies,

I will try some of your ideas. I usually wash them everyday when I get home with natural citrus product I bought from Baby R US. I love it!!

FYI, The name of the natural product is Dapple. It is really good.

http://www.dapplebaby.com/

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*durhamgrrl View Post
    I love the bottle brushes with the nipple brush in the bottom (which also fits in the connector part). This one because it has a good bottle brush (the foam ones fall apart quickly) and the nipple brush and it suctions to the sink so it dries well. I would not get a bottle properly clean without one of these.
    Will that fit in the medela collection bottles?
    Little SW, Aug '09
    Miss MW, Jan '11
    Sir RW, Oct '12
    3 kids in 38 mos

I used it in the 4oz and 2.5 oz bottles without a problem
    proud but exhausted working mammy to two high needs babies

• my surprise baby: the one and only D-Man born 3 weeks late (5/5/08) at 9 lbs 14 oz and 21.5 inches, and
    • the shock H-Girl born about a week late (10/7/09) at 8lbs 15oz and 20.75 inches.

If I am here I am covered in baby (probably two) and fighting for control of the keyboard.

Family beds are awesome

Wondering if you have PPD? Take the screening and see your doctor. You deserve to feel better.

Palmolive has a dish soap out that is for baby bottles, it claims to remove milk residue. I personally dont wash my bottles between pumping during the day, I just refridgerate them. I steralize them each night. I read somewhere that once you start feeding solids there is no real reason to wash after evey pumping session.
    Mommy to Christopher 02/26/11 my miracle baby

I pump at work and I'm always out in the field so I can't rinse the components. I actually got this tip from another thread post, after the first time I pump in the morning, I put all the parts in a plastic bag and put that in another mini-cooler with a freezer pack. My pump came in a tote that is large enough for both mini-coolers. Its the same thing I do with the bottles so the milk thats left on the parts stays cold and won't go bad throughout the day. Then I wash all of them in soap and water using a bottle brush, it takes the filmy residue right off, letting them air dry over night.

Vinegar soak in cold water helps.