Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Oh!!! no, no, no, help, help

Default Oh!!! no, no, no, help, help

Need help!!! I am at work with no storage bags and just 2 bottles of 5oz. I have to pump 3 times and I usually get between 12 - 13 oz. Bottles have a little extra space. I will try to pump in the same botlles the 3 times. I am new on BF and pumping. I'm proud to tell I'm 100% BF after hard times in the first 2 months . I usually store my milk in my work fridge every time I pump until I go home and use my cooler bag. My question is: Can I use the bottles everytime I pump, leave my milk there in the fridge and use it again with my next pump? Will my milk be damaged? I will appreciate all your advices.

Default Re: Oh!!! no, no, no, help, help

yes you can. i have also used an empty water bottle in a pinch. not recomended but it was necessary
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Thank you ladies for your help. I got so scared that my milk will be bad.

@ Jenna
    (yes you can. i have also used an empty water bottle in a pinch. not recomended but it was necessary )
    This is a great idea!!!, it might be my lifesaver. Thanks

Do you have any way to get a hold of some clean ziploc bags? Something like that could work in a pinch too.
    IRL all my friends call me Buff, Wife to CB since 10/11/2003

Mom to DD - "MJ" born 9/2007 @ 8lbs 10oz, 21.5" She's 6 years old!
    My journey nursing MJ started HERE, but we got through it and she breastfed 19.5 months, self-weaned on 5/17/09

Mom to my current nursling, DS - "ME" born 10/2009 @ 10lbs 1oz, 22.25" He's 4 years old! And yup, he's still nursing.

Ask me about my successful VBAC! Click here for my birth story.

And when I have totally forgotten everything I have pumped into unused pop cups. I learned to keep a bag of bags (which I rarely used otherwise) in a pocket on my pump bag. FTR I tried to just bring in the bottles I would be feeding LO from tomorrow and pump directly into those. No mess, no extra work.
    proud but exhausted working mammy to two high needs babies

• my surprise baby: the one and only D-Man born 3 weeks late (5/5/08) at 9 lbs 14 oz and 21.5 inches, and
    • the shock H-Girl born about a week late (10/7/09) at 8lbs 15oz and 20.75 inches.

If I am here I am covered in baby (probably two) and fighting for control of the keyboard.

Family beds are awesome

Wondering if you have PPD? Take the screening and see your doctor. You deserve to feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*durhamgrrl View Post
    And when I have totally forgotten everything I have pumped into unused pop cups. I learned to keep a bag of bags (which I rarely used otherwise) in a pocket on my pump bag. FTR I tried to just bring in the bottles I would be feeding LO from tomorrow and pump directly into those. No mess, no extra work.
    I had two sets of bottles. And would just alternate between them. Made it much easier than pouring, and swapping, and storing. Etc. I kept a box of bags in my desk and any leftover went into a bag to freeze. I would even drop the bottles off with my DCP at the end of the day for the next day too. I was late to work too many times because I would have to turn around and go back home to get them.
    Proud Mama to Noah Michael and Baby Charlie

Better to forget your bags than forget your pump! I've done both! You can pump into your bottles and if they overflow, decant the milk into ANY other kind of storage you have handy or could run out and buy at the store.

WRT to the forgotten pump, I made a lunch break run to a nearby Target and bought a hand pump. Stupid, but worth the $30 to not have to hand-express into a bottle (some women are great at hand expressing, I'm not one of them). You do what you gotta do!

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

You can just keep pumping into the same bottles all day. I do it all the time. Makes mixing the bottles, to distribute the milk fat, pretty easy

I keep a few spare bags in my car, in my purse, in my diaper bag. Because I hate it when this happens. And I will fill those suckers up. Way past the line if I have to. And then pour off the extra at home later.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Thank you so much for your advices.

1st pump: I left BM in the bottles, 2nd pump: I poured into a water bottle, I pumped in the two bottles and they are still in the fridge. My next pump: I will poured BM that is still in the fridge into the same water bottle and pump again in the 2 bottles. It is a little more work, but I'll do whatever for my baby.
    In the future I will have storage bags everywhere like "aprilsmagic", but it is true: Better to forget your bags than forget your pump!