Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: just one side

Default just one side

I am looking to increase milk production on just one side. My right breast only produces about 1/4-1/3 as much milk as my left breast (I usually get 3-4oz from my left and 1oz from the right if I'm lucky). I have a galactocele in my left breast that hasn't changed size in 5months-im not sure if that has anything to do with production. What can I do to increase my supply in my right breast? It just seems to be producing less and less milk as time goes on. DD is almost 11months and is eating solids so I am not concerned about weight but I am still pumping and need to have enough milk for her bottles while I am away from her.

I currently double pump every 3 hours while I am at work and pump both sides for the same amount of time while using breast massage and compression. I am also taking fenugreek and blessed thistle to increase my supply because it dropped drastically after I donated blood a couple weeks ago. I have started nursing her 2 sessions on my left, then 1 on my right, then 2 on the left just because I have so much more on my left. I know that probably is not helping

Advice please?

Default Re: just one side

This link covers lopsidedness and what to do about it: http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/mom/lopsided.html
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Default Re: just one side

sounds to me like you are doing great.
    DD#1 July 1986 VB
    DD#2 April 1988 c/sec
    DS#3 April 1990 VBAC
    DS#4 June 1993 VB
    and suprise!
    DD#5 April 2001 c/sec
    BTDT scars and stretchmarks,: wrinkles and grey hair