Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Oh no!! Wwyd?

Default Oh no!! Wwyd?

So I thought I left the little cooler bag at work with the milk I had pumped... I didn't remember putting it away when I got home... so thinking it was at work in the freezer didn't really think about it again.... until this am...

Went to get the pump bag ready for work this am and there it was

The cooler bag with a cooler pack-- 2 bottles of milk and 2 bags left inside....

What would you do with the milk?? I pumped at 10, and at 130-- it was in the freezer from 10-130 but then it was out all night... the milk wasn't warm.. it has finally cooled off at night around here....

so.... would you throw it or keep it... I haven't smelt it yet.. I quick threw it in the fridge to get ready for work.........

Default Re: Oh no!! Wwyd?

I would smell and taste it, and use it immediately provided it passed the first two tests.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommal View Post
    I would smell and taste it, and use it immediately provided it passed the first two tests.
    yup. I've left milk overnight and used it the next day if it didn't taste bad. i think different people's milk turns more/less quickly than others. fingers crossed it's okay Mama!
    Julia and Maxwell (and Dan and Haddie)
    Maxwell, born January 3, 2010
    A year on Mama's milk and still loving it

And if it was in the cooler, it wasn't at room temperature for almost 24 hours. I've done it too. I left a feeder in the cooler bag for 24 hours and still used it. It was fine.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Taste it. If it tastes fine it is fine.

Way too lazy for formula

thanks that is what i figured... too much to just throw away without checkin!

smelt like milk and tasted like milk...

and I did it again.. this time I know I left it in the freezer at work...