Hi all, this seems like a great resource, glad I was able to find it. Have some questions, even though a couple days ago I was getting ready to quit BF, the past 24 hours we've had some progress. We were doing great in hospital, great latch, intake, etc. lactation consultant visited us briefly but we were doing so well we didn't need anything. Now we're home, and the baby required some formula supplementation for jaundice, so we have done a couple bottles which was necessary but I think was also the beginning of our troubles. Here are our current issues if anyone has any advice.
1) baby latches on but pops off multiple times during early feeding (eventually stays on and feeds productively)
2) Nipple is a little flattened after feeding, and have callous(?) both nipples on top part which makes me think we're doing something wrong...
3) baby's hands are constantly getting in her way of latching on - resists swaddling most times.
4) We usually only do one breast per feeding because she feeds so long she falls asleep
5) Should I be pumping at all or if baby is feeding every 2 hours, it's enough?
6) I read on here about kind of preparing the breast before feeding - warm compress/massage to encourage let-down, but how do you have enough time at night to get ready when baby wakes up hungry and crying? She also attempts to latch so frantically her head is all over the place and arms are coming up and interfering?
Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. This is much harder than I assumed, but really want to make it work!
Thanks everyone for a great website