Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I think I can, I think I can . . .

Default Re: I think I can, I think I can . . .

You Crook Jenna!

Way too lazy for formula

Sometimes i can, but it depends-- if i am reading something, i take it with me to the pumping room. At my old job I pumped in my office but here the doors open outward and delivery people routinely ignore do not open signs because they are not actually disturbing you, they think. I always pump before i start my day too! I am LOL at your billing for pumping edit- i just imagined actually billing my client going for pumping! j/k

Can you take a laptop to the pumping room?

Can you ask for a lock on your office door?

I pretty much always pumped and worked at the same time. Even did conference calls while pumping when I needed. Pump away from the phone, on a headset, and phone on "mute".
    Lynn
    DS1: bf 7/2006 -> 4/2009; multiple food allergies
    DS2: bf 9/2009 -> ???
    ; multiple food allergies
    Breastmilk Donor - http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk
    Click HERE to learn about baby led solids (BLS) / baby led weaning (BLW)

My work is also based on billable hours and I have quarterly and annual billing quotas. I often billed while pumping, and I always pumped in my office so I could be sure to have access to my phone, computer, other materials, etc. Would a sign that says PUMPING BREASTMILK stop those pesky deliverymen and allow you to still work while pumping? It is a little embarrassing but honestly if I were losing an hour each day to pumping, thus keeping me away from my baby longer, I wouldn't care. I used such a sign during the first week I was back to work and then got more relaxed about it - and EVERYONE knew what I was doing and EVERYONE always knocked rather than barging in every time for 9 months. I also second Lynn's suggestion to ask for a lock. It is so much easier/better to pump in your office, IMO. I also brought in a mini-fridge so I could store my milk right there.

By working/billing while pumping I was able to really reduce my day length and I also billed over my goal 8 of the 9 months I pumped at work. You can do this mama!
    Mom to Taiga born 6/2010

Pocket cloth diapers. Baby led solids. Full-time working mom. I my DH, DD, kitty Dr. Benway, and my working border collie Odin!
    BF for 1 year and she and I still love it !!!!

Got it. Yeah the office is key. Mine doesnt lock so I use a nursing cover JIC.
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

I did ask for a lock, and they said they would not give me one because they provided a pumping room. I am considering the nursing cover/sign route. There is a computer in the pumping room but it is so slow it's almost not worth it. What I need to do is try to plan my day a little better so that I am reviewing printed materials at pumping time. Today I feel pretty good because I have only lost 20 minutes to pumping time. I have also considered going to the mail room and telling them what I'm doing and to just leave the stuff outside my door.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*lsksam View Post

I pretty much always pumped and worked at the same time. Even did conference calls while pumping when I needed. Pump away from the phone, on a headset, and phone on "mute".
    I often do my doctor callbacks while pumping, and once, a client asked me what that noise was because she apparently could hear my Freestyle going MOO MOO MOO in the background I told her a pump, and she said, "Oh. It's really noisy." I didn't explain what kind of pump...could have been anything. I said, "Yeah, it's pretty annoying," and kept on with the rest of our conversation. So I would suggest if you try that, to make sure you have a quiet pump...you probably can't get away with that explanation
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

you'll get it going back is always a big adjustment for everbody!