Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: 12 week old - lots of things going on

Default 12 week old - lots of things going on

I have a 12 week old baby who has been very good natured... UP until a few days ago.

He has had a cough for a few weeks. I have taken him to the Dr. about it and they don't seem concerned. No fever. And not after eating. It is not the symptoms of reflux, my oldest son had this and it is not the same.

He has been having several mucous poops today and yesterday. I mean a lot. But they are still yellow in color. I am going to go off dairy, which I had to do with my first, but I know this is not a quick fix.

He is extremely fussy and is crying a lot and acts like he is in pain. We have tried Tylenol, thinking it could be ear related, that didn't help. I think it his stomach with the mucous poops. It seems to help when he's laid flat, like to change his diaper.

He is not eating well. He will sometimes eat after about 3 hours but today it has been longer. Everytime I put him to the breast he screams.

He also is not sleeping well. Which I know can be typical. But I mean 10 mins here or there. He does sleep well at night, however, and we cosleep.

ANYthing else you llladies think I can try besides going off dairy? Please Help!

Default Re: 12 week old - lots of things going o

it could be a stomach virus... which will just take its time to work through his system... try adding a probiotic (Florajen or Culturelle) to the mix....

Thank you! Good idea. He is doing better today. I have been off of dairy for a day, and although I know it takes some time to get it out of my system, it seems like he is doing better. It'll help me lose the baby weight too!

good to hear