Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: YoBaby

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    176

    Default YoBaby

    I bought some for my DS and he loved it! I thought it was great and healthy, but I read the ingredients closely (had read them too quickly in the grocery store since I was in a hurry) and SUGAR is the 2ND ingredient!!!!!!!! I was shocked!!! Just wanted to warn others. (NO wonder he loved it so much!)

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,220

    Default Re: YoBaby

    I haven't been able to find any of that stuff here. I just bought some plain yoghurt and add pureed fruit to it.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    176

    Default Re: YoBaby

    That's what I planned on doing, but since I was just beginnning to introduce yogurt, I figured I'd get the little cups. I do plan on making my own now.

  4. #4
    elliesmom's Avatar
    elliesmom is offline Shares Widely And Frequently
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    317

    Default Re: YoBaby

    I just bought some yogurt for Ellie to try this week. She liked it pretty well. I bought Stonyfield organic whole milk yogurt. I'll probably try adding some fruit to it eventually. I can't believe baby yogurt has sugar as the second ingredient though. They have their whole lives to eat sugar; why do we need to purposely feed it to our babies when they're so small?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    33

    Default Re: YoBaby

    I am glad you posted this! I was feeding this to my 8 month old DD almost every morning for breakfast! I looked and it has 16 grams of sugar! As soon as I read your post, I went to the Stoneyfield website and gave a comment on offering sugar-free baby yogurt. Or, if they would at least lower the sugar content 75%. I want my daughter to gain weight the healthy way, not the unhealthy!
    Oh, by the way, I went and looked on a box of Little Debbie Fudge Rounds that my husband likes to take to work with him, and one of those only has 14 grams of sugar!
    Last edited by momofambree; November 3rd, 2006 at 11:29 PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    59

    Default Re: YoBaby

    My daughter actually didn't like it. She's not too into sweet things. She loved plain, organic, whole milk yogurt. Unfortunately, she's developed an intolerance to dairy, but that's another story. I'm trying to avoid giving her a lot of sugar, hoping to prevent the huge sweet tooth her parents have! So far, she doesn't really go for sweet things. Anyway, thanks for posting this. I'm sure it will be an eye-opener for some parents.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Bryan, Texas
    Posts
    4,260

    Default Re: YoBaby

    Quote Originally Posted by momofambree View Post
    I am glad you posted this! I was feeding this to my 8 month old DD almost every morning for breakfast! I looked and it has 16 grams of sugar! As soon as I read your post, I went to the Stoneyfield website and gave a comment on offering sugar-free baby yogurt. Or, if they would at least lower the sugar content 75%. I want my daughter to gain weight the healthy way, not the unhealthy!
    Oh, by the way, I went and looked on a box of Little Debbie Fudge Rounds that my husband likes to take to work with him, and one of those only has 14 grams of sugar!
    That's pretty bad. I thought the same thing, that because it was organic that is was good. Shows you what I know!! DS loves yogurt and has been having one of these yogurts about every other day for a few weeks. We'll finish off what we have (b/c I dont want to waste the money) and next time go with the unflavored yogurt and add some fruit to it if he likes.

    I've added pumpkin to plain, unflavored yogurt and he loves it!! Great source of vitamin A and the yogurt helps with the yeast diaper rash that he had.

    Leslie
    All over the world there exists in every society a small group of women who feel themselves strongly attracted to giving care to other women during pregnancy and childbirth. Failure to make use of this group of highly motivated people is regrettable and a sin against the principle of subsidiary. ~ Dr. Kloosterman, Chief of OB/GYN, Univ. of Amsterdam, Holland


    **Leslie**

    Mama to:
    Shiloh (5/6/06) Nursed for 13 months and Josephine (7/26/08) Nursed for 23.5 mos Currently nursing my new little firecracker, Finley Catherine, born on the 4th of July!!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    869

    Default Re: YoBaby

    Did anyone else notice that it also has fish ingredients? A major concern for our family as there is a history of fish/seafood allergies.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,220

    Default Re: YoBaby

    Quote Originally Posted by ShilohsMom View Post
    T

    I've added pumpkin to plain, unflavored yogurt and he loves it!! Great source of vitamin A and the yogurt helps with the yeast diaper rash that he had.

    Leslie
    I never would have thought of the pumpkin. How do you prepare it?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    COUGARTOWN Baby! From here on in!
    Posts
    17,406

    Default Re: YoBaby

    Quote Originally Posted by jentut View Post
    Did anyone else notice that it also has fish ingredients? A major concern for our family as there is a history of fish/seafood allergies.
    The Yobaby yogurt had fish in it???

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •