Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help!! So tired

Default Help!! So tired

My 6weeker has been nursing non stop since 9am!!! She will fall asleep and I will try to lay her down and she wakes, I change her diape and she goes back to nursing. I guess it could be a growth spurt but its been like this for like a week or longer but usually in the evening, when I am trying to make dinner!! Could it possibly be low supply??

Default Re: Help!! So tired

Hang in there, mommy! I don't have much advice, but I know sometimes those LO's really like to comfort nurse and snuggle up with mom. I'm sure someone will come along with some advice, I just wanted you to know I'm sending you a hug! Having a new baby is tiring alone without being "in demand" with your boobs all day, too. Remember, she won't do it when she's 15- hang in there!

and more !!!!
    pp is right, hang in there and remember, it won't last forever. we went thru the usual growth spurt at 6 weeks, yet, it seems sometimes it never ends when you are trying to do something, cook dinner, wash laundry, make a bed,ect... my only advice is get a good sling!!! that is the only way we survived those crucial months. i don't think that it is low supply, but if so, all that nursing will definately tell your body "time to make the milk" so don't doubt yourself, you are doing great! keep up all the good work, we are here for you!

When DS was going through that kind of time I gave in and just got some healthy readu made frozen dinners that could be cooked without much supervision and eaten one handed. That and I made sure I had a nice comfy chair to sit in and a good supply of TV shows, movies and/or books handy. It will not last forever, just need to cope with it while its what they need.

besides getting a good sling/wrap that you love, learning to nurse lying down (while sleeping ) is also a big bonus

It should pass. I did the same exact thing at 6 wks with my twins! It is a growth spurt so don't worry about your supply. My boys were like that at that time too...the busiest time for me...dinner time and they wanted to nurse every hr. Thank God for my twin nursing pillow...it was much easier to snap that on and feed both at the same time. I didn't have time to mess with house pillows! I agree with pp...lying down sometime would help to get them to sleep easier and longer...other than that I had to put them in the swing while I got dinner ready. Good luck and be assured...it will get better!

At 6 weeks it its a growth spurt and what your describing is "cluster feeding".
    Try to rearrange something in the evening so you can be ready. My baby did it generally from midnight to 5am. I would eat dinner and then hand the baby off to my husband and take a two hour nap so I could be ready! But we promise, this too shall pass!

Sounds like a growth spurt to me... my son had this at 6 weeks too and it lasted over a week. Also, in the evenings he clusterfeeds, nursing every 1/2hr-1.5hr... I actually like that he does this because then he sleeps from 12am-6am when he is done. Try not to worry though, I am sure your supply is just fine. This will pass!

Hang in there, my 6wk son is just finishing his spurt and now sleeps 4hrs at night again. Day time is still a little dodgy but we're getting there.

I found cosleeping useful during this time. but I must say that I've never watched so much TV in my life then for this past week with little Oskar at one nipple or the other

Talking Re: Help!! So tired

We went through the same thing with my little one. I just surrendered to her schedule and found a good book to read and relaxed. I figured she needed to eat and snuggle more than I needed to clean and cook. I was very fortunate my husband helped with cooking and my other daughter is 8 so she is basically self sufficant with guidance. Right now we are teething and she seems to want to nurse for longer period of time then normal. But really is there a normal, right when you think you have a schedule they change it. I haven't really slept in days but what keep me going is looking at her beautiful face and knowing I am giving her the best I can and that god has truley blessed us...Good luck...