Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Weaning/weaned :(

Default Weaning/weaned :(

My 15 mos old refuses to nurse, so we are basically weaned. He was mostly weaned anyway except 1-2 x's a day and now he refuses completely. I'v tried several times at different times a day and he gets excited and starts to latch on and then gets mad and refuses. I'm not going to fight him on it.

It's been a few days and I miss it. I'm okay with him weaning...I go back to work in a week and a half (), but I still miss it. KWIM? Oh well. I guess I just need to have another baby. LOL

It's ironic since it's national breastfeeding week/month.
    Jennifer (30) DH (38)
    DD 10/9/07 Abigail for 15 months and survived 6mos of at work.
    DS Ethan 5/14/10 for almost 15mos and at school(teacher) and entire school year...10 months.
    Taking a break from until my next baby...TBA.

Default Re: Weaning/weaned :(

Sorry mama. It's wonderful that he's walking away on his own terms.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

Yes IKWYM. it is a bitter sweet realization. you brought your baby this far, now he will navigate his future w/o the safety net of your breasts and milk.
    having another baby worked for me. LOL
    DD#1 July 1986 VB
    DD#2 April 1988 c/sec
    DS#3 April 1990 VBAC
    DS#4 June 1993 VB
    and suprise!
    DD#5 April 2001 c/sec
    BTDT scars and stretchmarks,: wrinkles and grey hair

i am sorry mama. it is so sad. definitley time for another baby

I have to say that I'm jealous in a way. I'm really hoping that my DS gets to wean on his own terms like yours did. Breastfeeding is such a wonderful thing that I hope my breastfeeding relationship with my DS ends happily for him.

I am glad that he didn't have any problems weaning. It bothers me more than him. He was getting upset with me for trying to get him to nurse, so I had to let go.

I've been lucky. My daughter didn't have any problems either. She just wouldn't let me wean before 1yr and put her on formula. She's an October baby, so I thought I'd get away with day weaning so I wouldn't have to pump at school with the new school year. She wasn't having it. She had no problem switching to milk though once she was 15/16 mos.

I'd love another baby now (DH not so much), but it'll probably be my last. I'm not ready for that yet...so we'll wait.

Thanks for the support. I'm happy I was able to breastfeed for a year (and a little more).
    Jennifer (30) DH (38)
    DD 10/9/07 Abigail for 15 months and survived 6mos of at work.
    DS Ethan 5/14/10 for almost 15mos and at school(teacher) and entire school year...10 months.
    Taking a break from until my next baby...TBA.