Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Rolling over keeps waking her up.

Default Rolling over keeps waking her up.

Hi everyone,

I needed some more advice, My dd is now sleeping on her mattress on the floor until i go to bed. She has been sleeping great with this new way we have been doing it and now goes a couple of hours at a time... but the last couple of days she has been moving.. pushing herself along the floor.. its great

But i have noticed the last 2 nights that she rolls over too and it keeps waking her up. I used to use the swaddle me thing just around her legs and that didnt do anything, i have just started taking that off but its not doing anything still.

I know its all so new for her and it must be a little scary waking up while her little body is rolling over. I was wondering if there was anything anyone used to help their baby to get used to this or to help keep them asleep after they did this or just kept them in one place?

Just looking for ideas please. Did your baby do this too?

Thanks,

Default Re: Rolling over keeps waking her up.

How old is your baby? I would roll blankets on either side so that they couldn't. Most times they end up straddling it with one leg and sleeping that way.
    Mommy to our DD1 early bird (34 weeks, 2 days, 7lbs, 14oz)! Oct. 2nd, 2008 Emergency C-Section, Frank Breech, HEALTHY Girl!
    Weaned @ 17 months
    Our DD2 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 12oz) Aug. 10th, 2010 Our Successful VBAC, growing like a bad weed!
    Weaned @ 15 months
    Our DD3 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 6oz) Feb. 16th, 2012 Our 2nd VBAC and lightening speedy birth!

Loving being a Mom of 3, 40 months apart!!
    and

she is 6 months, is ok to still put rolled up blankets next to her?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*hyperfish View Post
    she is 6 months, is ok to still put rolled up blankets next to her?
    Yup. I just place them a little low, so they're even with their armpits. They're strong enough to roll, they're strong enough to fix themselves if they need to.
    Mommy to our DD1 early bird (34 weeks, 2 days, 7lbs, 14oz)! Oct. 2nd, 2008 Emergency C-Section, Frank Breech, HEALTHY Girl!
    Weaned @ 17 months
    Our DD2 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 12oz) Aug. 10th, 2010 Our Successful VBAC, growing like a bad weed!
    Weaned @ 15 months
    Our DD3 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 6oz) Feb. 16th, 2012 Our 2nd VBAC and lightening speedy birth!

Loving being a Mom of 3, 40 months apart!!
    and

great thanks again i will try it tonight