Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: can't put her down

Default can't put her down

I just need some support from people who "get" it. My almost six month old is in a "don't even think of putting me down to play, sleep, or just hang out for a minute" phase. I know it's just a phase...maybe teething, etc. BUT - it's so exhausting!! I can't get anything done! I do use a sling A LOT, but I just need a break. Usually she'll let my other (older) kids hold her and occupy her so I can get a shower, etc. But not this week. I look around and see everything that I should be doing, but am not. And although I KNOW taking care of my baby and older children is all I NEED to do, I still get frustrated. It doesn't help that I still only getting 2-3 hours of sleep at a time.

I know this time goes fast, but some days seem so LONG!

Just needed to vent. Thanks.
    mom to 3 breastfed children...

J - 11 years old, my creative and outgoing son
    M - 7 years old, my caring and beautiful girl
    E - my miracle baby girl -born on Valentine's Day 2011

Default Re: can't put her down

Those times are tough, but it will pass. Hopefully sooner rather than later. We've all been there, you're not alone. Vent all you need to.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Sorry. I wonder if crawling is coming soon to you.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

Love those super-challenging stages... Mine is in the "I refuse to ride in the shopping cart" phase. I put her in there and she immediately starts climbing out, no matter how I tighten the belt.

"This too shall pass" is my mantra...
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*jme View Post
    I just need some support from people who "get" it. My almost six month old is in a "don't even think of putting me down to play, sleep, or just hang out for a minute" phase. I know it's just a phase...maybe teething, etc. BUT - it's so exhausting!! I can't get anything done! I do use a sling A LOT, but I just need a break. Usually she'll let my other (older) kids hold her and occupy her so I can get a shower, etc. But not this week. I look around and see everything that I should be doing, but am not. And although I KNOW taking care of my baby and older children is all I NEED to do, I still get frustrated. It doesn't help that I still only getting 2-3 hours of sleep at a time.

I know this time goes fast, but some days seem so LONG!

Just needed to vent. Thanks.

Seems like you are describing my DD. She will be 5 mos in a few days and exhibiting the same characteristics as your LO. She's just started daycare, waking every 2-3 hrs. Today she woke up every hour since 3am and decided it was time to play at 530am. Teething, stranger anxiety, change. I get it! Plus, I have some bfing problems going on along with my back going out. I get it! I just wanted someone to understand, too. Hang in there jme. We can vent together.
    Mommy to Evan and Lauren

Lauren
    Born 03/04/11
    Weight 6lbs 15oz
    1 month 8lbs 2oz
    2 months 11lbs 15oz
    4 month 14lbs 13oz

Big Brother Evan 3 years old 03/30/08 for 7 months

Constantly , at work, loves to all the time

Please excuse my typos!

We've all been there. It comes and goes even.

Mama to my little Diva: Miss K (7/15/06)
    And her little sister: Lulu Pie (3/21/09)

"Don't toush da mango"
    One-handed typer Extraordinaire!
    My body creates, houses, nurtures and nourishes life. That is awesome.
    Kegel Kop says: TIGHTEN UP!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mothersky View Post

My 10 month old is swinging back around to it - she was like that for a few weeks at 6-7 months. When it passes this time, I'll be saying "see you later" rather than "goodbye" to velcro baby
    Elizabeth, mama to Lillian - 10/03/10

I love how everyone is so supportive. With my son, I didn't relish in the moments and I totally regret it. I understand that you need a break though. That has to be super tough. Like everyone said, It will pass! Just hang in there!!

The itch to get stuff done is so hard to ignore, isn't it?? I have a hard time with that too. My younger is just starting to get stranger danger and is beginning to cling a lot (we use a sling a lot too, but my body just gets tired from carrying around all that weight), and my older is pushing away, I get both. Today I asked my older daughter for a hug and she replied, "Mommy, not right now. I need my own space." You can't win!
    SAHM to threee (homebirthed) kiddos...
    Mouse 10/29/2008
    Chipmunk 4/16/2011
    LP 11/16/12

www.kimchilatkes.com

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mothersky View Post
    yup! i currently have a 19 month old who screams bloody murder when i walk out of the room. Fun times.

I found the ergo to be really helpful because you can have your LO on your back and really actually get things done.
    Julia and Maxwell (and Dan and Haddie)
    Maxwell, born January 3, 2010
    A year on Mama's milk and still loving it