Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it too late to establish?

Default Re: Is it too late to establish?

Well, I'd been prescribed Daktarin cream to treat the nipples. I left trying to feed for a good few days and continued to express, I must admit I had very little hope it would work. I honestly can not tell a difference in myself however I have tried him this morning on the breast and it's PAIN FREE... I can't believe it, I'm so happy!

I still find it odd that I did not find it sore to use the pump, only brestfeeding him directly. I was so close to giving up as he is now 12 weeks and there is no way I could have kept up the expressing. Thank you very much for all you fantastic advice and support, without which I'm sure I would have failed! x

Since it turned out to be thrush, be sure to sterilize everything that has come into contact with your breasts and baby's mouth. Pump supplies, bras, tanks, pacifiers and bottles, to name a few.

So glad to hear you are feeling better!
    If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. - Katharine Hepburn

Woot WOot! Good Job!
    BF'ing + pumping (working full time as BFPC) CD'ing , baby wearing , mother of an intact son , co-sleeping , and tandem nursing toddler... Plus I wear deodorant.

Im in the same boat, a 34 weeker but she is 14 weeks. She just got her tongue clipped but refuses to breast feed, i hate pumping but i know the breast milk is whats best for her.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*nschofield View Post
    Im in the same boat, a 34 weeker but she is 14 weeks. She just got her tongue clipped but refuses to breast feed, i hate pumping but i know the breast milk is whats best for her.
    It's not over for you! It took my 33 weeker 2 months to latch. And my son, who got his tongue clipped at about 6 days old, took 3 weeks. Keep trying!
    If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. - Katharine Hepburn

I am still breastfeeding my prem twins who spent 157 days in the NICU. They were 26weekers, now 16 months old.
    Yes, you can do it. But trust your instinct, connect with your baby, and question everything the staff tell you that you think may conflict with your goal to breastfeed xxx
    Breast is not best ~ it's the only first baby food

If breastfeeding offends, you are staring too hard