Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: What do I do with my pump?

Default What do I do with my pump?

Hi

I was wondering if there was a organization or someplace that would use my Medela pump? My children are weaned and I no longer need it. I hate to just toss it in the trash. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    Ro

Default Re: What do I do with my pump?

Most organizations will not take used pumps, since they are generally considered "single user" devices. However, there are many mommies who would welcome a good used pump! I suggest contacting your local LLL and asking if they have a mommy who could use yours. There might be someone who can't afford her own, or needs a backup pump...
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Default Re: What do I do with my pump?

I don't know anything about this organization other than what it says here, but I remembered having come across them a few years ago.

http://www.gotbreastpump.com/donateBreastPump.php
    I breast milk fed my Blossom for fifteen months (after exclusively pumping for thirteen). My Bud (nineteen months) is still nursing directly (after a rough start that included a few months of pumping and supplementing with mommy's milk).

TwoDewdrops: Nursing Dresses and Tops for Discreet Breastfeeding (and Pumping)