Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: another quick question?

Default another quick question?

i have another question my daughter is 10days old and she has not went poop since she was 3days old i heard this is normal when breastfeeding...she isn't uncomfortable or anything and she is passing lots of gas...is it normal for breastfeed babies to not go poop as often as formula feed babies? she has about 6 to 9 wet diapers in 24hrs so i know she is getting milk! but it concerns me that she isn't going poop? i go to the doctors on Wednesday so she can get her 2nd jaundice test done so im going to ask them as well if it is not normal!

Default Re: another quick question?

she is nursing anywhere from every 2 to 4 hours a day! okay i have a doctors appointment on Wen. i will ask them to check her out!

with the PP. Please let us know how things go!
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

I might try bringing the baby to the breast and offering a little closer to every 1.5 to two hours during the day at that age if it were me...

Christine
    Baby Girl Born 2/17/10 to her two mommies
    BF from day one. I looked up one day and realized I'm nursing a toddler!

okay so i went to the doctors today and he told me that it is actually normal for some babies to do this because their body just hasnt got used to pooping yet but as soon as i asked the doctor about it of course she went and he said that she looks great she went from weighting 7pds 9oz to 7pds 15oz so he said she is doing great but if she goes longer then 4-5days to go into the office just so he can make sure she is okay! thank you guys for your help