Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Medela PISA..Ugh

Default Re: Medela PISA..Ugh

I haven't taken a test and anything is possible, but I doubt it. We're pretty careful. I had my period last month and am not due for it again for another 8 days (the 12th).

We are planning to get pregnant again within the next 8 months (hoping to get my pre-pregnancy weight BEFORE I get pregnant again), but are making no special efforts to get pregnant yet.

~ Kelly

I'd test. I was 100% careful before I got baby #4. And here he is. Baby #2, we actually were using BC and ended up pregnant. So I'd test now and I'd test again when AF is due.

Because you are right. This is not all equipment problems. There's more afoot. And the top reason for a mom noticing a major decrease in supply....pregnancy
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Yeah, pumped on the way to the office again for about 20 minutes (a 45 minute commute) and got just enough to cover the bottom of the bottle.

I will test but I honestly doubt I'm pregnant. I knew and felt different within weeks of my last pregnancy that I didn't even miss my period before taking a test. On that occassion, the first day of my period was 1/12, we had unprotected sex for the first time (with the intention of getting pregnant) on 1/22 and I felt weird within two weeks (extremely tired, one weezy - possibly unrelated - moment) and tested and it said "yes". I will send you a pack of the only diapers we think work - Fisher Price - if I'm pregnant! LOL!

~ Kelly

It's just that it's an easy thing to rule out and I think cloth diapers are the only ones that really work

Every time I've gotten pregnant -- 5 times -- it's been different every time.

Otherwise....OK, mamas, what else is going on?

Take more fenugreek!
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*aprilsmagic View Post
    It's just that it's an easy thing to rule out and I think cloth diapers are the only ones that really work

Every time I've gotten pregnant -- 5 times -- it's been different every time.

Otherwise....OK, mamas, what else is going on?

Take more fenugreek!
    LOL....

How much Fenugreek is TOO much?

On a completely different note, I would really love it if I didn't have to re-log in every time I try to open a thread or reply to a post. It's like EVERY time. Whether it's 2 minutes or 25 minutes of inactivity. Ugh. Does this happen to everyone?

~ Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*aprilsmagic View Post
    I think cloth diapers are the only ones that really work
    That goes without saying, but I have a Mr. Mom at home (well, sort of...he watches DS all day while working a full-time job from home so he's a SUPER Mr. Mom) and he won't wash cr@p out of anything. If something gets poop on it, it gets thrown away. He even went as far as to CUT an outfit off little man rather than having the poop smear on DS as he was pulling the outfit off. My husband, the PrimaDonna. (I say this with love...I adore my husband!)

~ Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*desertchildaz View Post
    How much Fenugreek is TOO much?
    http://www.kellymom.com/herbal/milks...fenugreek.html has information on the dosage. I had been taking the max amount recommended, and then (TMI) I was having some blood in my stool... so I freaking out and stopped taking it. I seem to be fine now (no more side effect issues and my supply stayed the same!)

On a completely different note, I would really love it if I didn't have to re-log in every time I try to open a thread or reply to a post. It's like EVERY time. Whether it's 2 minutes or 25 minutes of inactivity. Ugh. Does this happen to everyone?
    No, that doesn't happen to me. I just have to log in if I haven't been actively using the site for a while.
    ~ Megan

Mommy to Alex (born 2/27/11) and Katie (born 3/31/14)

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*desertchildaz View Post
    Yes, and it's so annoying.

When I got preg w/ M, the first thing I noticed was a very precipitous drop in my supply. Pumping output would be about nothing. I had only had two periods since the S's birth, and had only dtd once in the preceding month, and once the month before. I thought for sure the test would be neg. It wasn't. I thought, okay, it must have been from the time before last that I got preg, I'm probably 8-10 weeks along. Went to the doctor 2 weeks later, and the usg dated me at 5 wks, 5 days. That means the pregnancy test was positive at less than 4 weeks, and that my supply had been affected probably as soon as she implanted.

So, good luck either way, but buy a pregnancy test on the way home
    Little SW, Aug '09
    Miss MW, Jan '11
    Sir RW, Oct '12
    3 kids in 38 mos

You're hubby sounds great! are you drinking enough fluids? When i wasnt drinking enough i would notice a significant drop.

Any chance you can rent a better pump to see if that helps? Maye you can boost your supply a bit with some power pumping.

And about the pg test.
    Proud Mama to Noah Michael and Baby Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*jezebel View Post
    You're hubby sounds great! are you drinking enough fluids? When i wasnt drinking enough i would notice a significant drop.
    And about the pg test.
    I'm notorious for not drinking enough WATER, but I really do drink a good amount of fluids. When this started this past week, I began drinking ALOT of water knowing it might help.

I would be thrilled to be pregnant again (and so would my husband). I'm just a bit nervous about getting pregnant within a year of my boss giving me maternity leave for 12 weeks. I've worked here 13 years (one who survived among dozens of assistants) and he gives you grief for ANY time you take off. (He's a difficult man and notorious in the industry but he pays me WELL. ) And when I got pg last time, I told him it was the only one we were planning to have (at 39 years old). And it was. But then we went through the life changing experience and can't wait to do it again.

~ Kelly