Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Don't want to stop BF/pumping but....

Default Don't want to stop BF/pumping but....

Hi ladies

I have a 10 mo old DD that I have been EBF. I work 2x a week. Lately, I have not been able to get anything out of my pumping sessions. It has been so frustrating.
    I DO NOT want to supplement with formula and I don't want to do cow's milk either. and I definitely want to keep BF her for as long as she wants (my DS went for almost 3 years). I know I still have milk as it leaks out when she nurses from being too full! Do I need a new pump maybe??

I have tried the Fenugreek pills, the teas....even the occasional high fat milkshake.

If I am unable to pump anymore, but I can still BF - do you have any suggestions as to what to give her on those 2 days? Just water?

Frustrated...

Default Re: Don't want to stop BF/pumping but...

How long are you away and how much does she need while you are away? Have you tried pumping on your days off?
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

What kind of pump do you have? If you have been using it for months and months I'm willing to bet it could use a tune up...

I agree, get your pump checked out. You also could try different size horns and see if a better fit would yield more milk. Have to tried hand expressing or just expressing some to get going before using the pump?
    Ds 9/09 nursed for 20 months

Dd 12/11 nursing a toddler again

I was wondering the same thing about my pump, where would you get a pump checked out? I emailed Medela customer service about this and they said they don't help with these matters. Just wondering.
    Mirkka

Mama to DD born September 7, 2010, and DS born October 28, 2012 and Wife to DH July 5, 2008

We love and love

with PP. You may need to check your pump, membranes, breastshields size, etc. I started going thru a spell last week where I just couldn't pump enough. I changed the membranes on my pump and suddenly I'm getting a lot more. And when I changed to the right size breastshields I got a big bump too.
    Heather

Mother of 2
    Aidan - 5 years -- breastfed for 4 months
    Avery - 5 months -- still breastfeeding -- 2nd time's the charm!