Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Hands Free?

Default Hands Free?

I've seen a lot of moms on here post about pumping while driving or pumping at the keyboard? I'm new to pumping constantly since I'm at work after this peanut...
    How exactly does that work??
    **Joleen**
    mommy to Lil T (8/2/04), D (10/4/09) and Baby B (6/2/11) YES, all boys
    still learning about all this

Default Re: Hands Free?

I bought a Simple Pleasures Hands Free Pumping Bra (http://www.amazon.com/Simple-Wishes-...2223062&sr=8-2) which I absolutely LOVE.

However, you can also make your own by cutting slits into an old bra that you already have.
    ~ Megan

Mommy to Alex, born 2/27/11

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mek View Post
    I bought a Simple Pleasures Hands Free Pumping Bra (http://www.amazon.com/Simple-Wishes-...2223062&sr=8-2) which I absolutely LOVE.

However, you can also make your own by cutting slits into an old bra that you already have.
    You need a hands free bra setup. For driving, especially, you need a bra that holds the flanges FIRMLY on your breasts without any help from you, so a good fitting sports bra with homemade holes (warning: cut the holes SMALL! smaller than you think) or a specially made handsfree brassiere. The hands free bra can go on OVER your regular nursing bra, you don't have to change.

When driving, I used a nursing cover on top, so no one could see what was going on.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

I also have a Simple Wishes, and i put it on, pull up my shirt so the holes in the bra are at nipple level, lower the flaps and go. I pull my T shirt down over the horns while I drive, but I have an SUV...most people can't see in it (well, only the truck drivers). That's when I do forego breast compressions, which you need to really maintain a good supply while pumping, in order to drive.

The biggest trick is making sure your horns are on really well and that your nipples will be comfortable before you start driving. I have messed up and gotten pinched when the pump switched from the stimulation phase to the expression phase

ETA: I don't leave the SW bra on. It looks really lumpy under a T shirt. So I take it off and on.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

the other hands free trick is taking 2 ponytail holders and looping them around your horn and Clipping" the other end to your bra snap..
    http://www.kellymom.com/bf/pumping/h...e-pumping.html

helps at the computer