Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Stopping fenugreek

Default Stopping fenugreek

I've been taking fenugreek pills for about a month and a half. I think I'm experiencing some side effects though, so I'm going to stop.

Does anyone have experience with what their milk supply did after stopping? I think I read that sometimes the supply stays up, but sometimes it drops again. I need some anecdotal feedback to trick my brain into thinking that I'll be fine.

My first pump session of the day was about an ounce and a half short. I changed my membranes, and the second session was the normal amount again. I'm worried that I'm not going to pump enough without relying on fenugreek.
    ~ Megan

Mommy to Alex (born 2/27/11) and Katie (born 3/31/14)

Default Re: Stopping fenugreek

Try not to worry about it. Just pump longer if you can.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

I took it for a while and I just stopped one week ago. My milk supply remained the same. I guess as long as you continue to nurse or pump or do the same thing as you were when you taking fenugreek. It should be fine in my opinion.

Fenugreek is completely herbal. What kind of side effects (besides smelling like maple syrup) are you experiencing?

Way too lazy for formula

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*djs.mom View Post
    Fenugreek is completely herbal. What kind of side effects (besides smelling like maple syrup) are you experiencing?
    Some blood in my stools. I read that a side effect can be internal bleeding, and that if you have blood in your stool, you should see a doctor asap. I hate having to go to the doctor though, so I haven't gone and am just ignoring it...

The good news is that my supply hasn't dropped since I have stopped the fenugreek though!
    ~ Megan

Mommy to Alex (born 2/27/11) and Katie (born 3/31/14)