Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 11 month old nursing strike help?

Default Re: 11 month old nursing strike help?

Just had to stop by to update: He nursed today!! At around 5pm he latched on and ate for about 10 minutes. It is SUCH a big positive step that I can't help but smile. I feel like we may be able to get through this after all. I know that we definitely have some hard work ahead of us. Thanks again for your support!
    Mom to amazing twins!
    DD nursed for 3y5m, DS still occasionally stops by for a snack

Christine
    Can't believe I've been and a full-time SAHM to Elena (5/2010) for over 2 yrs!
    Mami de mi preciosa Elenita
    http://forums.llli.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32384&dateline=131170  7429 OakRoseCharms Free Shipping for LLLadies just pm me! My Blog

Oh my gosh, what terrific news! And you're awesome for continuing to offer. So many mommies just throw in the towel, and it would have been completely understandable if you had chosen to do so!
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

I haven't commented but have been stalking your thread... So happy for you!!

Thanks! We had a GREAT day today: he has nursed several times! We've gone from nursing only with us on the floor with him sitting facing me to him laying down on his side in my lap while in our "nursing chair". Even earlier this morning he wasn't very sure about everything and still had a slightly haunted look in his eyes... Remnants from whatever caused him concern and to strike in the first place, I believe. For him it was likely almost entirely emotional, and I wish I could figure out what really happened so that I can try to avoid it in the future. I don't want any of us to have to go through this again! When he stops nursing next, I hope that it is because he has decided that it's time for him to wean and he's really comfortable and ready to move on. But for now we are on the road to recovery and I am loving having my smiley, cheery, happy little guy back!
    Mom to amazing twins!
    DD nursed for 3y5m, DS still occasionally stops by for a snack