Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: massive burning, fighting at breast HELP

Default Re: massive burning, fighting at breast

i dont smoke, and i can def take out caffine. I dont think think they are raw, they arent discolored at all. but yes very sore to touch. thanks for the link, im researching more into it and i dont think its the Raynaud's phenomenon at all now.. but still looking.

CAYLA
    Mama 2 Allie who Self-weaned @ 2 1/2
    Korben Jon born 07/25/2011*

i dont smoke, and i can def take out caffine. I dont think think they are raw, they arent discolored at all. but yes very sore to touch. thanks for the link, im researching more into it and i dont think its the Raynaud's phenomenon at all now.. but still looking.

CAYLA

Hi Caylamac, and congratulations to you & your family on Korben's appearance! I've been wondering how you were doing, glad to hear your pg went well.
    Mommal mentioned in another NB thread that a 30 second sizzle is pretty common at first. I know my socks creeped up my ankles when DD would initially latch. I have Raynaud's and since you haven't mentioned colour changes of the nipple turning blue or white it's probably not Raynaud's.
    This might help with the inverted nipple:
    http://www.breastfeedingbasics.com/h...inverted.shtml

What about using a breast SHELL, which will keep your nipples dry and let them heal?
    Katharine
    Be the change you want to see in the world--Mahatma Gandhi
    mid-August DD (2010) & DS (2011 VBAC)
    Ouch! Is it thrush or Raynaud's phenomenon?

yeah cracks can cause alot of pain.. do you have a good pump? I might pump/ hand express the flat side for a few days untill you get the cracks healed up. and then try and slowly re-intoduce that side.
    Sometimes tweaking how you hold them helps with some of the pulling off and bobbing around. Did you have iv? Some of that extra fluids might be making the problem worse. Revecer pressure softening might help with clearing some of the fluids out
    6 days is pretty young yet, he's going to get the hang of things.

And by the way I'm so glad hes here safe and sound!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*bxlgirl View Post
    Hi Caylamac, and congratulations to you & your family on Korben's appearance! I've been wondering how you were doing, glad to hear your pg went well.
    Mommal mentioned in another NB thread that a 30 second sizzle is pretty common at first. I know my socks creeped up my ankles when DD would initially latch. I have Raynaud's and since you haven't mentioned colour changes of the nipple turning blue or white it's probably not Raynaud's.
    This might help with the inverted nipple:
    http://www.breastfeedingbasics.com/h...inverted.shtml

thank you for that link, ive literally tried all of that! shells didnt do anything, as soon as i removed them back in went my nipples. i did do the hoffman excersizes and thats kinda what i do now.. i tried a syringe, ice, i mean everythingggg! i am now just makin nipple warm and massaging my muscles around the nipple/aeorla a couple mins before nursing and its seem to cut down on the pain but does hurt a bit still. Ive just come to realize that it will hurt, until my nipple muscles are stretched back out. the pain did go away with DD as well with time.
    Quote Originally Posted by @llli*andrea.wolford View Post
    yeah cracks can cause alot of pain.. do you have a good pump? I might pump/ hand express the flat side for a few days untill you get the cracks healed up. and then try and slowly re-intoduce that side.
    Sometimes tweaking how you hold them helps with some of the pulling off and bobbing around. Did you have iv? Some of that extra fluids might be making the problem worse. Revecer pressure softening might help with clearing some of the fluids out
    6 days is pretty young yet, he's going to get the hang of things.

And by the way I'm so glad hes here safe and sound!
    no iv, no cracks on nip. pump is ok, and i was using it off and on, id nurse one time on breast, then pump next, nurse next. for 2 days it didnt change pain becuase there is no cracks its just my muscle around my nip getting use to him sucking on it.

CAYLA

so things aren't much beter after that time?
    how old is he now?

Cayla...what about using one of those Lansinoh Latch Assist thingys? I had a friend that had inverted nipples that used them and had good success with them.

ETA: Not for the same reasons...but Shiloh would FIIIIIIIIIIGHT and bob around like hell when he was first born. I swaddled the mess out of him, his arms tucked in...and that made it very easy for him to calm down and nurse. Maybe that would help with your little guy?
    All over the world there exists in every society a small group of women who feel themselves strongly attracted to giving care to other women during pregnancy and childbirth. Failure to make use of this group of highly motivated people is regrettable and a sin against the principle of subsidiary. ~ Dr. Kloosterman, Chief of OB/GYN, Univ. of Amsterdam, Holland

**Leslie**

Mama to:
    Shiloh (5/6/06) Nursed for 13 months and Josephine (7/26/08) Nursed for 23.5 mos Currently nursing my new little firecracker, Finley Catherine, born on the 4th of July!!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*Leslie View Post
    Cayla...what about using one of those Lansinoh Latch Assist thingys? I had a friend that had inverted nipples that used them and had good success with them.

ETA: Not for the same reasons...but Shiloh would FIIIIIIIIIIGHT and bob around like hell when he was first born. I swaddled the mess out of him, his arms tucked in...and that made it very easy for him to calm down and nurse. Maybe that would help with your little guy?

Yes i was GOING to buy one of those, i had to have it shipped no where within 50 miles sells them! BUTTT by the time I was gona order probs were solved. I went to a wic appt to enroll the little guy and my lll leader works there and she and another lady gave me tips on how to get my muscle around my aerola to relax and get used to him nursing massively on it, and it worked!!! I would use a hot rice pack, massage around, let him latch it hurt less and less everytime. also whenever i was in shower id let hot water run on nip and massage. doest hurt anymore. as for my flat side where it does the lipstick thing. STILL does it but it doesnt really hurt. its SUPER sensitive but other then that no pain =) nursing pain free. he's 3 weekks today! soo happy!

CAYLA