Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: massive burning, fighting at breast HELP

Default massive burning, fighting at breast HELP

Korben was born 7/25 and is 6 days old now. Its been a rough six days lemme tell you. I keep beating myself up because i consider myself a vet of bf'ing and i KNOW what i am doing since i bf'd Allie for 2 1/2 yrs and dealt with ALOT crap with her too.

SO the problem is.. I have one inverted nipple and one flat. Korben is a GREAT Nurser when he can figure out how to latch *this time around im refusing ot use a shield I had to use one with Allie for 3 months, and Korben doesnt like it anyways cant figure out how to latch with it on either so yah* My flat side he usualy can latch on but lately he's been fighting bobin his head arond throwing his arms, arching his back, crying, screaming etc. I fight with him for a good 20 mins about 80% of the time we try to nurse.. and i've tried EVERYTHING that i knwo of, remember, have heard to do to get him to calm down, and latch right.. when he DOES latch its ALWAYS lipstick nipple and no pain which is fine i nursed my daughter like that for monthssssss no pain lipstcick nipple my probelm with that side is the FIGHT It takes to get him to latch and its my "better" side to latch him on cuz my nipple does stick out a smidge. HELP NEEDED HEREE

THENNN

my left side is my inverted side. it rarely sticks out nad when it does only lasts literally 2 seconds and its sucked back in. makin it super hard for my crying fliping out baby to latch on to it. ive tried everything again that i know of and heard of to get it to stay out, i REALLY thought that after bf'ing my daughter for 2.5 yrs it would have stretched the muscles out enough and would stay stickin out but it doesnt. now when he DOES latch on that inverted side, it instalty BURNS like all hell!! I CONSTANTLY take him off and relatch to make sure latch is correct and 95% of the time my entire nipple is in his mouth perfectly so iknow its not his actual latch thats makin my nipple burn. I dont know what it is!?

I have no sores on that inverted nipple, no whiteness, no redness even. KOrben has nothing in his mouth, no nothing to show WHY my nipple burns SO bad! I just bawlll while nursing on that side but i know i can push through. I just nursed him on that side and its still burning 10 mins later after nursing too. I have NO CLUE to why it burns soooo badddd!

My mil suggested maybe it was my muscle in my nipple that is just being PULLED so hard *Cuz he is a good nurser when he can get latched right* and its not used ot being pulled so hard for so long *he nurses for 10-20 mins each side usually as long as i can stand to let him nurse* her therory kinda makes sense i remmeber dealing with this pain with allie but never so severe. The way i can describe it is whereever the top of his mouth is thats where it burns weither it be the football hold, or the front hold it burns whereevr his top of his mouth is.

im going to see my lll lady tmrw so hopefuly she can help but i was hoping to get some info asap before next nursing session.

please help mamams i dont know how much longer i can deal with him screaming fighting with me, and the burning.

CAYLA
    Mama 2 Allie who Self-weaned @ 2 1/2
    Korben Jon born 07/25/2011*

Default Re: massive burning, fighting at breast

Does it burn for a while after you stop nursing? Could it be thrush? Or do you think it's latch related.

Way too lazy for formula

as soon as he latches its INTENSE burn.. and it slightly goes away while we nurse and the pain continues after..
    i honestly dont think its thrush cuz i see nothing on me or him.. nor is it latch related becuase i check his latch constantly and its perfect as far as i can see mouths open wide, lips out, whole nipple when i unlatch him is erect and round (unlike my other side looks like lipstick)

so im clueless

CAYLA

VasospasmS?

Way too lazy for formula

I member reading about that before, with DD. Refresh my memory plz..

CAYLA

Way too lazy for formula

yah.. sounds alot like what im having, but i dont notice anything being white... i'll have to look next time i attempt to nurse. that website didnt really say how to prevent, or heal it... I tried one day to not nurse on that side, and it seemed to get a smidge better but he's been nursing A LOT too the last 2 days so maybe thats why its so intsense right now too.

CAYLA

Are you using Lanolin and giving yourself shirt free time?

Way too lazy for formula

regularly using lansinoh and no, no tee shirt free time.I cant i live with my inlaws and i cant stay in our room all day everyday. =(

CAYLA

Well if they are simply just sore and raw....You are going to need to get them some air...And actually there are treatment options at the bottom of that page....dry heat applied directly afterwards. And they actually list A rice filled sock as a good one...scroll down. No caffeine or nicotine either.

Way too lazy for formula