Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: want to stop suplements.

Red face want to stop suplements.

Hello. I'm a Mother of a 3 year old, 19 month olf and a 2 month old.
    I'f allways had troubles with milk supply 1st returnig to work slowed it down, 2nd child I started BC too soon. at least I believe that to be the reasons. I endded up suplementing and went down the road of supplementing a little more and so on

This is my third child and started down the road again sadly. curently he is still getting 2/3 or so his milk from me or expressed. I started Reglan but weaned of after getting twitches. I live in the USA so their isnt many medical options and Herbs are hard to find. I want to wean of Formula suplements.

I have stopped pumping besides after morning feedings and once more in the day and try to nurse him but still have to give him formula after many feedings. I dont have a good pump but i do have one. money is an issue as husband refuses to let me get a new pump. (we dont see eye to eye, he thinks I should quit)

Any advice to help get rid of the formula? my goal is to nurse 1-2 years even if it isn't every feeding, but i would love to only feed him breastmilk. thanks.

Default Re: want to stop suplements.

Pumping after feedings will help increase milk supply. Also with money being an issue I know you can get Fenugreek for 5 bucks at Walmart. Since money does seem to be an issue it seems your husband would encourged breastfeeding since formula is so expensive. Unless you get WIC in which case they ( at least in Missouri) have hospital grade pumps they lend out for a deposit. You have a great goal. And being on this forum to get advise, support, and tips will help you get there.
    Did this for 9months with Kailey and Hailey
    who are now 8.

weaned Dane somewhere around 3.5 no longer he likes to sleep with his sisters He's now 5

Now I am , , My baby Cruz who is almost 6 months and my last baby

we can be on wic, but the one in my town dont suport bf very well. and I just argue with them because they grip at me for feeding on demand. they think feeding should be clockwork. Also they told me my kidos doctor was wrong, tryed to make me switch formulas ect. i havent been back since my 2nd daughter was 6 months old. they would not help me with a pump just formula that they thought i should have not what my doctor recomended... It wasn't worth it. I havent seen fernugreek in the stores around here but i can try walmart again. what part of walmart?

I wouldn't bother looking for fenugreek at WalMart. It's cheaper online: http://www.amazon.com/Frontier-Fenug...2227237&sr=8-3 (Just one example, you can probably find it even cheaper than that.)

This link covers how to wean from formula supplements: http://www.kellymom.com/bf/supply/decrease-formula.html
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

thanks so much will try.