Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: The Big Latch On

Default The Big Latch On

Next Saturday is the Big Latch On:

On Saturday 6th August 2011 at 10:30am local time in locations across the USA and beyond, nursing mothers will gather to celebrate World Breastfeeding Week and try to break the record for the most women breastfeeding simultaneously! At each registered location, witnesses will count all the mamas and babes that are latched on for one minute at 10:30am.
    * Locations

* Rules

* FAQs

There are only a couple registered outside of the US, but if my understanding of the rules is correct, all you need to register an event is two nursing mother/baby pairs and two witnesses. So if you've got a few friends who are breastfeeding or a playgroup with some other moms, why not register? Get together for coffee or a playdate at the park and help set a world record at the same time. Sounds like fun, huh?

Well, okay, it's not quite that simple. There is some paperwork involved to document and report the number of participating mothers. See the rules for details. At the top of the events page are pdf/Word files you can download of the FAQs, rules, and forms.

If you do participate, report back and let us know how it goes!
    Last edited by @llli*LLLKaren; July 30th, 2011 at 02:07 PM.
    Karen
    Forums Admin

Find an LLL Leader or Meeting | Get one-on-one help from a Leader online | Become a Member of LLLI

Feel like you need professional help? ¿Es usted necesita ayuda profesional? --> Find an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) <--

Default Re: The Big Latch On

Oh, yay! It looks like many more have cropped up in the last day or so! I'm so glad there are options near me now.
    Teal

25 May 96 and 14 January 08 and 27 February 2012