Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: encouragement for supplementing mum

Default encouragement for supplementing mum

Hello all,Sorry for cross post, I have put this in the health forum as well but needed a
    speedy reply.

I have a friend in hospital with severe tonsillitis. She is on a drip, has lost a
    lot of weight, not sleeping. She has her exclusively bf 6 month old with her in hospital. She is totally exhausted and is talking a bout quitting BF. Does anybody know of any printable literature I can pass her that will encourage her that even if she does give a bottle or two now she will be able to build her supply back up and relieve the feelings of guilt she is feeling? I am aware of the effects of taking a break, on supply. She cannot pump, she may be open to donor milk but I am not sure where I will find any in this small country town. I just want to reassure her that it is not all or nothing. thanks in advance.
    Karli, Besotted mother of Ashley,8lb 9oz - 9th May 2007 and Fae 8lb 11oz 17th Feb 2010, both born at home, naturally.

Nappy-free @ 18 months EC'ing rocks!
    Just leave it alone.

Default Re: encouragement for supplementing mum

http://www.kellymom.com/bf/supply/relactation.html

I'm not sure why she cannot pump, but if there is anyway that is the second best way (second to nursing) to keep her supply up (even if she cannot use the milk because of meds).

Default Re: encouragement for supplementing mum

Thanks Zach's mum, I have put a longer reply on my other post in Heath, Thanks for taking the time to reply!
    Karli, Besotted mother of Ashley,8lb 9oz - 9th May 2007 and Fae 8lb 11oz 17th Feb 2010, both born at home, naturally.

Nappy-free @ 18 months EC'ing rocks!
    Just leave it alone.