Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: white nipples

Default white nipples

my nipples are so weird! they are white and painful b4 a feeding but after they are normal. my let down is also very strong and i thought this would get better as i got rid of my oversupply but my supply is right i think and i still have this pain

Killian Patrick Oct 27 2006
    Brigid Noel April 13 2008 (formula fed and it was the worst experience ever!!!!!)
    Declan Charles March 28 2011

Default Re: white nipples

I hear you.
    http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/...blanching.html

Mama, do you have cold hands, feet or a cold nose? Do you know if you have Raynaud's?
    http://pediatrics.aappublications.or...13/4/e360.full

I have Raynaud's. Putting on some warm clothes stopped my symptoms A cup of hot tea or soup helped the sudden attacks while I warmed back up.
    Katharine
    Be the change you want to see in the world--Mahatma Gandhi
    mid-August DD (2010) & DS (2011 VBAC)
    Ouch! Is it thrush or Raynaud's phenomenon?

Default Re: white nipples

Katharine i just came back to this post because i am still having the pain. i never realized you posted a second link but i am so glad i read that! that does sound like what i am feeling. i really think my latch is fine and i have gone to the doc several times because i swore i had thrush. my let down really hurts as well though and that is not a symptom is it? maybe i will turn down the ac or wear a sweater 2maro and see if that helps. this totally makes sense now that i am really thinking about it i never have this pain when i am not at home (the only cold place i nurse) thank you so much for this!!!! i really hope this helps

Killian Patrick Oct 27 2006
    Brigid Noel April 13 2008 (formula fed and it was the worst experience ever!!!!!)
    Declan Charles March 28 2011