Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 8 week old and losing my mind w. breast feeding

Default Re: 8 week old and losing my mind w. bre

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*richmama View Post
    My son is 9 weeks, and we've had this trouble too. What I've discovered is that it's generally because he has a "bubble" in his tummy but he still wants to suck. So, I give him a pacifier. It's not interfering with his ability to breastfeed, and it gives him the sucking he needs.

Have you tried a pacifier at all in those moments? Or is that something you don't wish to do? (I know some people are against the pacifier.) He wouldn't take one until around 6 or 7 weeks, and now we ONLY use it to help him settle at bed time. Just a thought!

Good luck, though. My back is killing me from walking around to heft my very very big boy! (almost 16 pounds!!)

Wow 16bs all from breastmilk? I have tried and tried and tried and still try the pacifier and she will not take it. She will only take it sporadically and even then its only for 5-10 minutes and then she doesnt want it anymore.
    born 8lbs 12oz 21 inches
    Left hospital after c/s 8lbs 6 oz
    1 week old- 8lbs 6 oz
    2 weeks old- 8lbs 11 oz
    1 month- 9lbs 11 oz
    2 months 8/2/11- 12lbs 5 oz
    3 months- 14lbs even
    4 months-16lbs even
    6 months- 18lbs 6oz
    8 months-21lbs on home scale
    9 months-22lbs and 13 ouz
    11 months- ?
    12th months June 2
    Can't believe I have made it 11 1/2 months of nursing!!

Default Re: 8 week old and losing my mind w. bre

Yeah - all breastmilk. He was 9lbs10 oz when he was born, though. I grow 'em big.

Have you tried a different type of pacifier? I'm not trying to force it, but little man would only take a Nuk to start (now, he'll take whatever we offer). The reason I thought of pacifier for you was when your husband gave her the bottle and she fell right to sleep.
    Miss Sassy Pants 1/9/05 BF 13 months
    The Animal 5/25/11 . . . BF 15 months
    Just welcomed Flash 4/24/13 . . . getting to know each other
    Married to the man of my dreams.

I'm a blogging mama too: www.clutteredgenius.com