Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is he weaning?

Default Re: Is he weaning?

Not much better nursing tonight, but he did suck more than the past several days. Guess we will see what the morning brings. He was exhausted after not napping all day as the cousins are here and MIL couldn't get him settled down enough to sleep, so I hoped it would be better, and it was a little.

Definitely spend some time taking everything in your pump apart, replace membranes, put it back together FIRMLY. I can't tell you how many times I would have a "supply drop" and it turned out to be that my pump wasn't plugged all together firmly enough.

And THAT can cause clogged ducts, which can make a baby less inclined to nurse (esp if they know a bottle is waiting for them if they refuse), because it reduces the "flow" at the breast too.

It's great news that he IS nursing, even just some. You can get through this, mama. Sorry if you already said this - do you have AF back? When I first had PMS, my supply tanked and freaked me out, but of course that's temporary. Any chance you could have AF on the way?

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

I got AF back when DS was 3 months old and I returned to work, I have been right on schedule since then. Pumping output hasn't been much better so far today, but I am going to get new pump parts at lunch - hopefully that will help. I will say that he nursed, then dream nursed (woke up at 4:30 this am) pretty well this morning - better than he has for several days - it gives me hope!