Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Overactive letdown or underproduction?

Default Re: Overactive letdown or underproduction?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mily View Post
    Does your LO cry like they are in pain the whole time when trying to burp??
    yes! it would sometimes take me 20 min to burp him! and then i would keep him upright another 10 min just to be sure! ALSO everyone said i burped him too hard, but i just explained to them that he would scream unless i did, and that little babies muscles arent developed enough to burp themselves, so you actually have to make the burp come up from their tummies all the way out!
    SAHM of Baby Dominic, we

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*joe.s.mom View Post
    Keep us posted about this - lots of women here have been through various types of surgical procedures while breastfeeding. It's easier if you can put it off until after six months (when your baby can hopefully eat solids in addition to breastmilk, making it easier on her caretakers), but most anesthesia and pain meds are fine for breastfeeding moms.
    agree with this! sometimes the doctors will tell you that you cant breastfeed while on a certain medication, but usually they are wrong!
    SAHM of Baby Dominic, we

So I took a video of him the other day and I don't think he's even swallowing anything. I can say that yesterday and today have been better as far as him not pulling off... But I'm still getting nipple pain... I'm almost 100% positive it's all due to shallow latch. I also get vasospasm and what looks like a flattened nipple. I've tried pulling his bottom lip down, making sure his mouth is wide open, but whatever I do, he just seems to almost bite down. If it do get a mouthful of tissue into his mouth it's almost as if he spits it out and is only takin in what he wants... Frustrating. Sorry for being al over the place with this post!

Here's the link to the video I took...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPNgV4JsIoA
    First time mommy to Brayden Andrew.
    Born 6.12.11, 8lbs 2oz, 21 1/4 inches
    Still trying to get a grasp on this whole breastfeeding thing... It's not as easy as I thought it would be but am sticking with it!!
    DS sleeps longer and better this way! with Balboa Baby & Ergo and cloth diapering

Well, I'm no expert - It's hard for me to tell whether his bottom lip is flanging outwards. Other than that, it actually looks pretty good - he has a good amount of breast in his mouth. Again, I'm not an expert - and sometimes it's hard even for experts to see what's up with a latch. But it's not screaming BAD LATCH to me in that video. Have you gotten hands on help from an LC? (Sorry if you answered this already.) Based on his sucking patterns, I think he could be swallowing. Are you hearing him swallow?

ETA: He's so CUTE!

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*joe.s.mom View Post
    Have you gotten hands on help from an LC? (Sorry if you answered this already.) Based on his sucking patterns, I think he could be swallowing. Are you hearing him swallow?

ETA: He's so CUTE!
    I did see a LC about a week ago and she said the same thing... It LOOKS like a good latch... But it sure doesn't FEEL like it. I mean it's like a constant pinching feeling the whole time. I do hear him swallowing but with a clicking sound. There have been maybe 3 times that he's been on that it actually felt like how I think it should! I just can't seem to duplicate it again... I guess I'll have to make another appointment with a LC and see what they say.
    First time mommy to Brayden Andrew.
    Born 6.12.11, 8lbs 2oz, 21 1/4 inches
    Still trying to get a grasp on this whole breastfeeding thing... It's not as easy as I thought it would be but am sticking with it!!
    DS sleeps longer and better this way! with Balboa Baby & Ergo and cloth diapering