Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Quick question about nursing my 6 month old

Default Quick question about nursing my 6 month old

Hello ladies! I have a quick question... My DS is about to be 6 months old and still nurses very frequently. About ever 2-3 hours even at night :/ is this ok? Should he go a little longer between feedings at this point? I'm EBF btw and my son is very big over 20 lbs. Amazing what breast milk can do haha.
    Mommy to Desmond born 2/4/2011 8lbs 13 oz and Dean born 6/4/2014 7lbs 14oz

Loving and

Default Re: Quick question about nursing my 6 month old

It sounds like things are going beautifully, and I think that if you are responding to your son's cues, then he is getting exactly how much milk he "should" be getting. His growth will most likely begin to slow down in the very near future as he becomes more mobile and more interested in the world around him, and all you really need to do is keep listening to him like you have been up to this point. Oh, and enjoy every moment of it!
    Teal

25 May 96 and 14 January 08 and 27 February 2012

Wow! He's a big boy. My daughter is the same age and nurses about the same way. I think it's totally normal.

And Teal is right - enjoy every second of it! They are so precious at this age (at all ages really) and this stage is so so short.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

My daughter is 7 months, and has just now slowed down to every 3-4 hours instead of 2-3. If you think about it, bm is digested fairly quickly, so he will have an empty stomach after only a few hours. =)
    Proud mama to:
    Amethyst, born Dec 15, 2010. 4lbs 15oz at birth, with Esophageal Atresia/Tracheoesophageal Fistula. One major surgery, 14 minor surgeries so far.
    Vyse, born April 17, 2013. 7lbs 3oz at birth, and absolutely perfect.
    Spending alot of time and .

My LO still bfs every 2-3 hours round the clock and she's 14 months (even at night, though some nights we get blessed with up to 5 hour stretches!) She's just over 20 lbs. I'd say its normal and it might go on for awhile (or not) depending on the LO.
    Christine
    Can't believe I've been and a full-time SAHM to Elena (5/2010) for over 2 yrs!
    Mami de mi preciosa Elenita
    http://forums.llli.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32384&dateline=131170  7429 OakRoseCharms Free Shipping for LLLadies just pm me! My Blog