Re: zero weight gain
Do you have access to a lactation consultant, preferably an IBCLC? I would definitely want to see one. A three week old baby should be back at birth weight. Plenty of wet and soiled diapers indicate that things are going right on a basic level, but maybe there's something which could be improved so that your little lady will pack on the pounds.
Questions for you and your wife:
- did mom have IV fluids during labor?
- has baby always been weighed nude, on the same scale?
- any difficulty with nursing- pain, cracks, blisters, etc.?
- when baby unlatches from the breast, are mom's nipples shaped like pencil erasers (symmetrical) or new lipsticks (asymmetrical)?
- how long does the baby nurse and how often does she nurse?
- is the baby jaundiced?
- does the baby quickly fall asleep at the breast?
- when the baby poops, what color are the poops? (don't be afraid to be graphic!)
Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"