Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Annoying clogged milk duct

Default Re: Annoying clogged milk duct

You can get polysporin ointment at a drug store. It's a slightly different formulation than neosporin (similar idea) that's supposedly better for breastfeeding, I forget the reason why, sorry! But anyway, it's easy to get! It does not need to be wiped off at all. Apply it after feeds.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*joe.s.mom View Post
    You can get polysporin ointment at a drug store. It's a slightly different formulation than neosporin (similar idea) that's supposedly better for breastfeeding, I forget the reason why, sorry! But anyway, it's easy to get! It does not need to be wiped off at all. Apply it after feeds.
    I am at my wits end! My pore is clogged again and it was only 2 days ago that I unclogged it! (Hence when I posted this) I have been trying to unclog it all day today and my DD can't get it to open. I have tried it all: Warm compression, different positions, warm baths, soaking it in epson salt, I even went for the needle. I am so afraid that I will get mastitis (another thing on my plate, but that's an entire different story). This clogged pore is blocking a major milk duct and it hurts!

Tomorrow I will have to get polysporin. Thanks for the info. Glad to know that I don't have to wipe it off before feedings.

SSSOOOOO FRUSTRATED!!!!!
    Mommy to Evan and Lauren

Lauren
    Born 03/04/11
    Weight 6lbs 15oz
    1 month 8lbs 2oz
    2 months 11lbs 15oz
    4 month 14lbs 13oz

Big Brother Evan 3 years old 03/30/08 for 7 months

Constantly , at work, loves to all the time

Please excuse my typos!

Just keep working on it. I've had that happen so many times.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!