Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: How Do You Get Them To Drink More?

Default How Do You Get Them To Drink More?

DD2 will be 1 year old in 2.5 weeks. I'm going back to work on the 3rd, so I've started her on homo milk in her sippy. She'll take the odd little sip here or there, but only with our prompting.

She'll be going to daycare. I'm worried that she's not drinking enough to keep her across the day while I'll be at work (11 hours give or take). Her solids are going well.

She's never really taken to the bottle. I don't want to bother introducing it now. Any ideas of how to get them to drink more? With this heat, I really need a little reassurance that she'll be okay.
    Mommy to our DD1 early bird (34 weeks, 2 days, 7lbs, 14oz)! Oct. 2nd, 2008 Emergency C-Section, Frank Breech, HEALTHY Girl!
    Weaned @ 17 months
    Our DD2 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 12oz) Aug. 10th, 2010 Our Successful VBAC, growing like a bad weed!
    Weaned @ 15 months
    Our DD3 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 6oz) Feb. 16th, 2012 Our 2nd VBAC and lightening speedy birth!

Loving being a Mom of 3, 40 months apart!!
    and

Default Re: How Do You Get Them To Drink More?

If you are around, she is going to want the good stuff. I think that if you sent her to daycare with a sippy of homo milk, she would drink it. If she doesn't, have them give her water to quench thirst and nurse lots when you are home with her.
    Mommy to 2 little boys!
    DS1 11/1/07 BFed 7 months
    DS2 11/6/09 BF 2 YEARS! and counting!

DD won't drink milk, but she drinks lots of water, gets lots of other dairy still nurses plenty so I am fine with it

Will she drink water?
    proud but exhausted working mammy to two high needs babies

• my surprise baby: the one and only D-Man born 3 weeks late (5/5/08) at 9 lbs 14 oz and 21.5 inches, and
    • the shock H-Girl born about a week late (10/7/09) at 8lbs 15oz and 20.75 inches.

If I am here I am covered in baby (probably two) and fighting for control of the keyboard.

Family beds are awesome

Wondering if you have PPD? Take the screening and see your doctor. You deserve to feel better.

I think she will be ok. I also wonder if she will drink water? And what is she drinking out of? Maybe it's hard for her to get very much out of the type of cup you are using? Just brainstorming here...
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

She'll sip at water the same she does the milk. But not without prompting. She's got straw sippy cups. The typical sippy's she doesn't seem to like at all.
    Mommy to our DD1 early bird (34 weeks, 2 days, 7lbs, 14oz)! Oct. 2nd, 2008 Emergency C-Section, Frank Breech, HEALTHY Girl!
    Weaned @ 17 months
    Our DD2 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 12oz) Aug. 10th, 2010 Our Successful VBAC, growing like a bad weed!
    Weaned @ 15 months
    Our DD3 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 6oz) Feb. 16th, 2012 Our 2nd VBAC and lightening speedy birth!

Loving being a Mom of 3, 40 months apart!!
    and

I guess you will just have to wait and see. I am sure she will drink more when you are not around.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months