Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Success Story !!!

Talking Success Story !!!

Hello Ladies,
    It has been about 3 months since I first posted the thread "nipple shield to breast" & I thought I'd share my success story with you ! I tried all the suggestions & my son would not have anything to do with eating off me without the shield,except for one time he tried it one morning on one side,but for many weeks afterwards he wanted to use the nipple shield only. I gave up after.I was one of those that thought I'd have to use the shield till he was done breastfeeding.I had heard stories about babies just deciding one day that they didn't want the shield & they stopped using it & never looked back,but I thought that would never happen to me,especially with a stubborn son like mine.Well ladies I was wrong,because it did happen to me Last week my son was playing a game in which he ate for a couple of minutes & then released his latch & would smile at me ,& then continue to repeat.Well as he released he would pull the nipple shield off so as cute as it was ,it also became kind of annoying because I had to keep putting the shield back on every few mins.I finally said "why don't you try it without the shield ?" My son looked at my breast kind of funny,but latched on & never looked back! I was so thrilled! There is the initial "toughing up" period which I am just about over,due to using the shield,but it's worth it. So ladies for those of you who have babies like mine was don't be discouraged. My son just turned 5 months old,it takes time ,but it can happen

Default Re: Success Story !!!

That is a wonderful story - it brings tears to my eyes! I'm so happy for you and DS. I feel like sometimes when you stop trying and just let go and go with it, you get to your goal!
    First baby Thanos Liam born on 12/20/2009... we are and since birth and still going strong!!

It's wonderful to hear a great success story. Congrats!!

Thank you for sharing your success! Your experience is encouraging to other moms trying to wean from the shield. What an inspiration you are!
    DD#1 July 1986 VB
    DD#2 April 1988 c/sec
    DS#3 April 1990 VBAC
    DS#4 June 1993 VB
    and suprise!
    DD#5 April 2001 c/sec
    BTDT scars and stretchmarks,: wrinkles and grey hair