Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is there any hope left? 10 day nursing strike.

Default Re: Is there any hope left? 10 day nursing strike.

Here's a link about how flanges are supposed to fit.

http://lactinv.com/breastfeeding_qna..._breastshields

I found that nipples were always sore with pumping, but olive oil and lanolin helped. I switched to a pumpin' pal angled flange months into my EPing experience, and that also helped with the abrasions underneath my breast. Some moms on here have had bad experiences with them, and they're not perfect, but they worked better for me because I have large nipples (on small breasts), and it just let me get a bigger size.

I did find that the smoother vacuum on Medela's Symphony was a lot easier to deal with.

I just wanted to mention that I read a note on a different thread the other day from a woman whose baby had a five-month nursing strike during her first year, and now she has just turned two and is still nursing. If you keep up the pumping, you never know what will happen!
    I breast milk fed my Blossom for fifteen months (after exclusively pumping for thirteen). My Bud (nineteen months) is still nursing directly (after a rough start that included a few months of pumping and supplementing with mommy's milk).

TwoDewdrops: Nursing Dresses and Tops for Discreet Breastfeeding (and Pumping)

Again Thanks Momma's Im gonna try using some olive oil and see if that helps!!!!

When we were out today DS was getting sleepy while I was pushing him around in the basket. (forgot my ergo. ) And He started pulling at my shirt. So when we got back out to the car I offered but he wasn't having it. We had one more quick stop and again he was pulling at my shirt. So we swung in the bathroom real quick and I offered again but he acted like he didn't want it.

Home at last. Went to put him down for his nap and.... He latched on . Only for a split second and 2 quick sucks but its big baby steps in the right direction!!!!! Woot!!! Thanking the god lord for the progress and praying it continues!
    Momma to Xain 9-30-2010 And 3 little puppy dogs!
    Wife to Donnie 11-08-2009
    with edd May 30. Hoping for a Vbac
    (before the belly got to big) Love my Fluffy bottom babies!

It's definitely hopeful!! Just keep trying.
    If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. - Katharine Hepburn

Dr update. Dr said his throat is still red and irritated looking So they are now gonna try a round of antibiotics. Hopefully this will help my little guy! And she also verified he has 3 teeth coming in all at once! So she said Lots of love, patience, and some Tylenol is all we can do til those bad boys break through. I know its been a long 2 weeks for me. Hopefully they will hurry!
    Momma to Xain 9-30-2010 And 3 little puppy dogs!
    Wife to Donnie 11-08-2009
    with edd May 30. Hoping for a Vbac
    (before the belly got to big) Love my Fluffy bottom babies!

I know this is from a looooong time ago but anyone know what the outcome was for knlmommie? My 8 month old son is on day 7 of a strike and I too have tried everything. My heart is broken I'm just wondering how things turned out.