Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Getting My Daughter to Take a bottle feeding.

Smile Getting My Daughter to Take a bottle feeding.

My daughter is 6 weeks old and i have been breastfeeding her and I totally love it and so does she, but i will be returning to work in 6 weeks and need to know that she will be able to eat from a bottle (my expressed milk when I am at work). She was taking a bottle of expressed milk once a day, so daddy could bond with her and mommy could sleep, but in the last week she is refusing to take the bottle and i am starting to get concerned. The most that she will take from the bottle now is an ounce, and then she'll have an entire feeding from the breast. What should I do? I have tried all sorts of bottles and nipples. I also can't get her to take a pacifier, which I read is helpful in preventing sids....Please help all suggestions are welcome.

Thanks-

Default Re: Getting My Daughter to Take a bottle feeding.

I wouldn't worry about the paci. I don't think the protection is so great you need to force your baby to take one if they don't want it.

Have you tried any latex nipples? Both my kids hated any kind of silicone nipple (paci or otherwise). We've had good luck with the playtex drop-ins bottles.
    Little SW, Aug '09
    Miss MW, Jan '11
    Sir RW, Oct '12
    3 kids in 38 mos

Default Re: Getting My Daughter to Take a bottle feeding.

No we have only tried the silicone nipples, but we will try the latex ones thank you.